• sblvro

Votes: 4 5.6%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POLL: Vote for Moderators

Well, it's time to put it to a vote. Original thread can be found <a href="http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4896&perpage=15&pagenumber=1">here</a>.

Vote for 2 candidates for the post of Moderator. There will be 2 chosen. The candidates are listed in alphabetical order. The vote will close on Monday 4 pm Eastern.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do they want this position?

Is this like a job promotion or is this more like working in the shipping dept. and your boss comes up and tells you "I have promoted you to Sanitation Dept. Leadman" ? :confused:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Um, is it just because I live in Florida or can everyone click on more than two boxes? I was confused and am not sure how many I clicked on. Um, can we have a recount? Damn, and no Chad's to count now!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D you trust me with your life but not this forum? hmmm. j/k!:confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Do they want this position?

does the moderator get paid ?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
FLPilot said:
Um, is it just because I live in Florida or can everyone click on more than two boxes? I was confused and am not sure how many I clicked on. Um, can we have a recount? Damn, and no Chad's to count now!
LOL, sorry, FLP, but this wouldn't be so funny if you weren't from FL :D Anyway, I only checked two names and clicked on the vote link. But you're saying that you were able to click on more than two names?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Gee, hope the 4 fine folks who end up trailing in the voting won't feel badly.

Sometimes, in "elections" like this, I wonder if it's better to just name the top two vote getters and let it go at that. Yeah, I know it's "just" for board Moderator positions, but still, it may bother some people. Kind of like popularity contests when we were kids.

Just a thought. I'm probably too sensitive!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:

Sometimes, in "elections" like this, I wonder if it's better to just name the top two vote getters and let it go at that. Yeah, I know it's "just" for board Moderator positions, but still, it may bother some people. Kind of like popularity contests when we were kids.

Naw. I'll just go back and play in my own sandbox by myself.

:2: :2:

(I AM just kidding):)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Congratulations! A little premature perhaps but I will miss the anouncement due to another planned camping trip so I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate not only the two that get chosen but all the very capable & dedicated candidates. :7:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
RipRocK said:

LOL, sorry, FLP, but this wouldn't be so funny if you weren't from FL :D Anyway, I only checked two names and clicked on the vote link. But you're saying that you were able to click on more than two names?
Yes I was able to click on three names, but I just wanted to see if it could be done. I didn't really vote that way though. I took the third check off and then voted. I was just joking around, but if you look again, I stated "...can everyone click on more than two boxes". With that being said, I don't know that it would have accepted my vote if I kept three boxes checked. :8:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Administrator:

You know, we would have liked to have voted in this poll....or ANY poll, but for some strange reason we cannot. We are registered members here. When we attempt it, we get this:

acuramdx.org Message
The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
Try this action again!

And we do try again, but it still does not work. :3:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If my math is correct, there is an odd number of total votes... here we go again... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cajun Pilot said:
Administrator:

You know, we would have liked to have voted in this poll....or ANY poll, but for some strange reason we cannot. We are registered members here. When we attempt it, we get this:

acuramdx.org Message
The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
Try this action again!

And we do try again, but it still does not work. :3:

Cajun - I fixed that up for you.

admin.

·
Registered
103 Posts
admin said:

Cajun - I fixed that up for you.

admin.
Thanks for your efforts, but I just tried again and got the same message. We are logged in, registered, etc. There's a problem somewhere...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ziploc said:

Ziploc, I immediately thought this same thing. Maybe we're just too girlie? Please don't take it personally guys. It must be done. Admin needs help.

Who's most helpful and friendly, that you've seen?
VOTE VOTE VOTE!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ziploc said:

As an elected official, I know the pain, but it is a trade off for the democratic system that we have. I don't like filing financial affairs statements either that everyone on the planet can pull up online, but again, it is the price we pay for a democratic system (stepping off my soapbox).

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
my3kids said:
I guess I can always think I only lost by 40 votes in a "world wide" election.;)
Looks like I lost by one! :)

I demand a re-count by FLPilot and Florida_Guy!! :eek:

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
colorider said:

Looks like I lost by one! :)

I demand a re-count by FLPilot and Florida_Guy!! :eek:

:2: :2: :2:
admin said:
Vote for 2 candidates for the post of Moderator. There will be 2 chosen. The candidates are listed in alphabetical order. The vote will close on Monday 4 pm Eastern.
I don't want to stir up trouble but in fairness I feel that I must point out that when I logged on at 4:05 p.m. Eastern colorider and ramirami were virtually tied at 25 votes each.

I am simply reporting this fact. Nothing more.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts