Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

New members: ask here instead of starting new thread

634585 Views 4641 Replies 1490 Participants Last post by  plplplpl
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
4621 - 4640 of 4642 Posts

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,396 Posts
At least two, you mean. :)
Not yet we haven't. The masked Maxlife Ranger has yet to post nary a word, nor has he posted a link to one of the many Maxlife threads. I fear that he is ailing in some way or another. Perhaps it's a case of Texas fever, he hasn't been his usually self lately.

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
15,004 Posts
Ok..... "nary a word" 😄
No Texas fever or from China or from anywhere else, Thankfully.

· Registered
3 Posts
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
Not sure I am doing this right…I’m having issues with my head and dome lights dimming in and out even after a new alternator and battery…Help!!!!

· Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Not sure I am doing this right…I’m having issues with my head and dome lights dimming in and out even after a new alternator and battery…Help!!!!
Welcome @Nicoledwright … dimming issues could be a corroded wire(s). Inspect not only the visible wires from the battery terminal but from end-to-end for corrosion or shreds of wire making poor connections. Inspect the connections on the replacement alternator for clean tight connections too. The amount of corrosion on my Pilot was surprisingly without symptoms.
Human body Glove Safety glove Line Thigh

· Registered
2 Posts
wont start, stuck in park

I have a 2003 Honda pilot and it wont start and the gear shift is stuck in park. I thought the obvious of the brake light switch but the brake lights still work and the car doesn't start. It turns over just fine but it wont fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Turn the steering extreme to the left or right,it should click into place.now start it

· Registered
3 Posts
Does it make sense to buy a 2022 Honda Pilot (Special Edition) at MSRP now giving the redesigned 2023 model will be released this fall? If I wait few more months, can I get the 2022 model at a discounted price (assuming for whatever reason I'm not interested in the 2023 model)?

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,396 Posts
Does it make sense to buy a 2022 Honda Pilot (Special Edition) at MSRP now giving the redesigned 2023 model will be released this fall? If I wait few more months, can I get the 2022 model at a discounted price (assuming for whatever reason I'm not interested in the 2023 model)?
With dealer pricing today as well as the backlog on vehicles to me it's a crap shoot.

· Registered
34 Posts

Hard to say, I haven’t read anything good about Honda production recently so I would assume a negative on the current model year discounts. At the end of the day (even if it’s not brand new model year) it’s’ still a 3 row family hauler that every family thinks it needs.

Good luck either ways!

· Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Supply and demand market. Make your best deal and see what happens.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hard to say, I haven’t read anything good about Honda production recently so I would assume a negative on the current model year discounts. At the end of the day (even if it’s not brand new model year) it’s’ still a 3 row family hauler that every family thinks it needs.

Good luck either ways!
My favorite car is always been a Honda their the go to car and they are built to last.

· Registered
3 Posts
HI,
I have a 2013 pilot EX-L which is on its second Power Steering (PS) Rack. Second replacement was aftermarket part, and the garage that performed the work went out of business so claiming the warranty is not an option. Took to the dealer to diagnose and they said its the PS rack that is making noise. My question is whats the opinion on buying a used part from a low mileage pilot ($250 max), aftermarket again and taking a chance ($250), or new OEM assembly ($1200).
Going to DIY the swap this time, as I am trying to keep the cost down (estimates are around $2k range in NY).
TIA!

· Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Took to the dealer to diagnose and they said its the PS rack that is making noise. My question is whats the opinion on buying a used part from a low mileage pilot ($250 max), aftermarket again and taking a chance ($250), or new OEM assembly ($1200).
Going to DIY the swap this time, as I am trying to keep the cost down
What kind of noise are you experiencing from the PS/rack? The DIY swap is a fairly tough job without a lift and may require lowering the subframe. From what I’ve read the rebuilt racks may be hit or miss QC.

· Registered
3 Posts
What kind of noise are you experiencing from the PS/rack? The DIY swap is a fairly tough job without a lift and may require lowering the subframe. From what I’ve read the rebuilt racks may be hit or miss QC.
A knocking sound when turning either way. Tie rods are tight and bushings and boots are intact. Yeah that why I don't want to buy another aftermarket one. There is a used OEM one from a '15 pilot with 47K miles I found....and am tempted to buy

· Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
A knocking sound when turning either way. Tie rods are tight and bushings and boots are intact. Yeah that why I don't want to buy another aftermarket one. There is a used OEM one from a '15 pilot with 47K miles I found....and am tempted to buy
Seems the used OEM rack might be the ticket. Should be a good DIY repair thread to follow. Besides Honda PS fluid some suggest PS filter to consider.

· Registered
13,321 Posts
Thanks for the help! question - Do you know how much fluid the system takes, or how much I should buy?
Last time I bought 3 bottles Honda PS fluid and filled & drained until it was no longer black/brown

Same here. Did you use a turkey baster or a handy hand pump?

How much power steering fluid?

2004 Pilot Power Steering Fluid P/N?

Power Steering Fluid

Automotive lighting Nickel Metal Light bulb Circle

For example...

· Registered
13,321 Posts
4621 - 4640 of 4642 Posts