Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

4461 - 4479 of 4479 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I used an old towel or blanket, which were also useful emergency backups in the summer and winter respectively.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning, first time poster here so I hope this is where the suggested place to start is, and then I could be directed from here to an appropriate thread.

I've got an '03 Pilot with 300K on her; I'm the original owner, and for most of this time I've changed oil as my granddaddy taught me - every 3K miles. I know it's not needed but it's my $ and she's staying put so....

I never thought about this until I saw the thread on oil filter sizes (Honda vs the larger ones) and filling using what amount "with" filter. Maybe I've misunderstood what was said or I'm thinking about my '70 Impala I had yrs ago, but when doing an oil change are the full 5qts put in or is it slightly higher/lower because of the filter? And the machines used to pump oil in - are they calibrated to put in the correct amount +/- to compensate for the filter or....???

I know I should know this answer. Maybe I'm blanking out or heard something odd after a friend of mine got her oil changed at a local "fast" place where the guy... you know the drill.

Anyway, we always watch while they work but how much going in is something you can't see.

Thanks a bunch!

** oh, when you ask for a specific brand how do you know that's what is actually being pumped in - unless it's shelf brand only?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Check the dipstick after the work is done.

I always bring my own oil and filter if I don't change it myself. I also avoid Jiffy Lube-style places.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Backed my 2018 Pilot into concrete light post base yesterday. No body damage (not a scratch) but the drivers side backup light was pushed in and dangling. The plastic brackets to screw in were broken but the rest of the housing intact. I'm pretty certain I will need to get new housing but wonder if there is a how to video on replacing the housing.
This is my second Pilot (first one lasted 15 yrs.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 pilot with 10500 miles. I'm coming up with the A 14 code. Should i do the 4 maint. with timing belt , water pump,plugs, etc. replacement for a cost of $1300? This is at a honda dealership that has been good to me since buying new. My research says this price is about right?
I plan on selling/ trading in this spring/ summer, and want to know if spending this $ is worth it for the final value.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I have a 2012 pilot with 10500 miles. I'm coming up with the A 14 code. Should i do the 4 maint. with timing belt , water pump,plugs, etc. replacement for a cost of $1300? This is at a honda dealership that has been good to me since buying new. My research says this price is about right?
I plan on selling/ trading in this spring/ summer, and want to know if spending this $ is worth it for the final value.
If you're trading in a vehicle with over 100K miles, a dealer will probably send it to an auction and won't care about the timing belt, etc.

If you're going to do a private sale, the prospective buyer might be Pilot savvy, inquire about the timing belt and adjust their offer downward if the belt hasn't been replaced. So in that case, for you, it might be a break even. To economize, maybe you'd want to have the timing belt (and tensioner) replaced, but skip changing the water pump and spark plugs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any screen protector recommendations for honda pilot touch screen, 2020 ex-l ?

I bought this one for my 2020 Pilot EX. It is cheap and works great. I am new here so I can't provide a link, but search for this.
Tim
2019 2020 Pilot Passport EXL Navigation Screen Protector Center Touch Display Anti Scratch High Clarity Clear HD Tempered Glass Protective Film (2019 Pilot 8 Inch)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
Bought a 2011 pilot 1 owner well maintained 150k. Was this a good purchase? Will it last?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bought a 2011 pilot 1 owner well maintained 150k. Was this a good purchase? Will it last?
What does "well maintained" mean? Do you have a list of all service records since new?

·
Registered
2014 Chevy SS
1 Posts
Not here to ask, just say hey.

Driving to pick up a CPO 2017 Elite tomorrow. Trading the wife's 2012 MDX. I'm sure they will kill us on trade but thay is fine. $30,400 for CPO elite with about 42k on it. Running boards equipped. WDP with tan interior. It will be our travel vehicle and her daily. I daily drive a 2014 SS sedan, in the northern VA area. I'm sure I will have questions later or possibly posting on some customizations or mods later. Slick SUV, I love that the 2nd rows are adjustable so the 3rd row is functional for humans with legs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not here to ask, just say hey.

Driving to pick up a CPO 2017 Elite tomorrow. Trading the wife's 2012 MDX. I'm sure they will kill us on trade but thay is fine. $30,400 for CPO elite with about 42k on it. Running boards equipped. WDP with tan interior. It will be our travel vehicle and her daily. I daily drive a 2014 SS sedan, in the northern VA area. I'm sure I will have questions later or possibly posting on some customizations or mods later. Slick SUV, I love that the 2nd rows are adjustable so the 3rd row is functional for humans with legs.
What is a CPO?

·
Registered
589 Posts
4461 - 4479 of 4479 Posts