Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

4441 - 4445 of 4445 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum. I hope I am not asking a question that has already been addressed but I haven't seen it yet. Has anyone had issues with their Bluetooth connectivity with their iPhone with the latest IOS upgrade? My phone calls don't connect through the system now. Plus my screen has locked up as if I am on a call when my call has ended and won't let me then use my radio/XM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to all and thank you for hosting this forum.

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2019 Honda Pilot Elite. I have technical skills, but I have not yet connected anything (like my phone or a USB drive) to the Pilot or the Pilot to anything else (like the home WiFi). I have not installed the Honda app, nor registered anything on the internet.

The 2019 Honda Pilot Elite offers many connectivity and data communications features. I continue to study them, but they leave many open questions about what data is collected and where it goes. I want to understand the details of what data is gathered, where it is sent, where it is stored, etc.

It appears that the Pilot communicates maintenance and usage information over the cellular network with Honda, and the owner does not have control of that data flow. The Pilot can communicate location information as well. The Pilot can collect your contacts from your phone. Where are your contacts stored? (Only on the Pilot, I hope!) Who can see them? How are they secured? The same questions apply to other data, too.

The Pilot has a built-in cellular network connection. I have seen other information that indicates that the Pilot also uses your personal phone for its data communications.

-> I am looking for detailed documentation with data and network security information regarding my new-to-me 2019 Honda Pilot. Can someone suggest additional resources so I know what data is collected, where it is communicated (and to whom?), what data flows I can manage and what data flows I have no choice about, etc.?

Thanks in advance. I could not find much help on the web. Even Honda makes it very difficult to find information unless you register first.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome. I believe that I should start a thread on this topic, but as a newbie, I will follow the recommended approach and start here.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
In this post-Snowden era, pretty much assume that everything goes straight into an NSA database. :cool:

Wish I could provide you with more precise information, but they'd just add that to my file. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cute answer.

Can you or someone suggest resources who would have this information? Is there someone at Honda who answers these questions? Is it time to start a new thread?

4441 - 4445 of 4445 Posts