Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

4421 - 4440 of 4450 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This option for newbies to preview a topic post is appreciated. I found an old and obstreperous thread on REAL 4wd vs "not," and I'm sorry to say this matter is the reason I just joined this group. I am considering a used Honda Pilot for use in South Baja, not just on dirt roads but off-roading. Bad idea? I need a REAL 4wd instead? Yes, I want to crawl over rocks in very low gear. I would love to hear from older Pilot owners who have done this sort of thing, or have experience precluding them from every doing it again. And how about just sand? While I'm at it, best years for middle-age used Pilot, and years to avoid, if any? Muchas Gracias.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It's surprisingly good in sand; however, it's not a true rock crawler. The 4WD system is not so bad, and it's gotten me out of a lot deep snow situations while other 4WD vehicles were struck, but clearance might end up being the main issue. I'd try to get a skid plate if I were to do any moderately hairy rock crawling.

I'm partial to the 2006-2008s myself, but perhaps I'm biased.

¡De nada!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just bought a 2019 Pilot and want to learn up on a few things. I'm really frustrated though with the search, I can't seem to filter or specify a sub-forum. I see most repetitive posts being replied to with 'search...' so ya, how do we do so? I'm coming from the Odyclub forums, and I can't wrap my head around this re-design (same as here). Is there any benefit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've just bought a 2019 Pilot and want to learn up on a few things. I'm really frustrated though with the search, I can't seem to filter or specify a sub-forum. I see most repetitive posts being replied to with 'search...' so ya, how do we do so? I'm coming from the Odyclub forums, and I can't wrap my head around this re-design (same as here). Is there any benefit?
“2019- Third generation Pilot” discussion forum is mainly the one you’d be interested in.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
But despite peppy promises from the admins, it's been months and they haven't fixed that yet.:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2012 Pilot EX-L, has been a great car, as you would expect a Honda to be. No real problems other than going through brake discs like mo other vehicle I've owned. Took it to Hamilton Honda for airbag recall and have been getting random warning lights and notices ever since. Is this to be expected, was there a problem with the recall or is it something else?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I am considering a used Honda Pilot for use in South Baja, not just on dirt roads but off-roading. Bad idea? I need a REAL 4wd instead? Yes, I want to crawl over rocks in very low gear. I would love to hear from older Pilot owners who have done this sort of thing, or have experience precluding them from every doing it again. And how about just sand? While I'm at it, best years for middle-age used Pilot, and years to avoid, if any? Muchas Gracias.
A Jeep or a 4Runner would be a more obvious choice for off-road use, as opposed to just off-pavement.
The following article shows what modifications were made to a first-generation Ridgeline (the pick-up version of the Pilot) to make it more Baja-ready:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-0605-desert-race--honda-ridgelin/

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don't have to be embarassed 'cause you wanna run your Pilot through the auto car wash. It seems like a good question. Even for those who do religiously keep theirs washed and waxed by hand...there may be some occasion sometime that the car wash would be used.
I've always used the brushless/no-touch washes for a quick run through if needed and no time to do it myself. Also had my Accord professionally detailed regularly by a guy that stops by businesses and does 2 cars a day.
Not sure about the alignment thing but another good question.
Safe Piloting... :29:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bear in mind that the car washes use always the same brushes, or sponge material to clean your auto. If a dirty off road vehicle is ahead of you, you may be sanded with horizontal scratches. Ouch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)

Hello and thanks inadvance (I'm new here). I'm looking to put some wider A/T tires on my 2014 Honda Pilot EX (currently has 235/60R18). Can I put 245s on it? Where do I start?

--Craig

·
Super Moderator
4,264 Posts
I would like to change my name. I have read some suggestions but cant find admin support and I do not know how to pm Rocky. Thanks
One of the admins need to do that. What would you like to change it to? I'll forward your request to one of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I bashed that little shark fin off the roof of my 2017 Elite - I don’t know what that thing is, or what search for to replace it - can anyone help?
Thank you, Piloteers!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
How's your SiriusXM radio reception without it? :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
So I bashed that little shark fin off the roof of my 2017 Elite - I don’t know what that thing is, or what search for to replace it - can anyone help?
Thank you, Piloteers!
Go to your nearest Honda dealership hand them a wad of money and point to the missing thing on the roof..tell them to fix it...
I heard people like this on GM forums ..first for Honda's ...maybe they moved over

It's your XM radio fin ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you actually know if the service department at any Honda dealer does change your timing belt and water pump when you take it in at the first 100,000 mile interval? Maybe they just hold it a day then charge you as if they did the work and never do anything. My neighbor has an 11 Pilot with the 3.5 engine. It has 135,000 miles on it and she hasn't bothered with changing the timing belt and water pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t use XM radio so I don’t know. I thought maybe it was for GPS but the Navi is working fine. I even forgot about it and went through the car wash and it’s still fine. I guess I just need a new plastic cover but can’t find JUST the plastic cover. I need white, not black. Any ideas Piloteers? TIA

How's your SiriusXM radio reception without it? :)

4421 - 4440 of 4450 Posts