·
Registered
3 Posts
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
Hi, I am hoping to get some advice from the group
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
I need some advice on what could possibly be wrong. We had some front bumper work done on a 2010 Pilot. They had to replace the parking sensor and fog lamp as well. When we got the car back, the daytime running light on the passenger side was illuminated, but in a lower spot than the driver's side. We took it back to the shop that did the work and they said they could have it fixed in 15 minutes. After a bit they said couldn't figure out what the issue was so the hooked it up to a computer (something under the steering wheel I assume, because my mat was out of place) and now my VSA, ABS and VSA warning (triangle with exclamation point) indicators are on. What could possibly be the issue? The shop is bringing in their mobile mechanic to take a look at it, but I want to be prepared, so that they don't take advantage of someone who doesn't know a ton about cars. Thank you in advance for any input you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I'm new on Honda's. I was a ford guy , I bought a 04 pilot EX and I was wondering why the doors won't lock when I get out of parking gear . I read the manual and didn't find anything related. I saw that some newer model u can turn the keys to #II and hold the master lock switch until u hear a click but I tried and no luck , also the AC and steering wheel controller switches won't light up at night . Do they bulbs are burn or is not coming with that . Thanks

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a (certified) 2013 Honda Pilot EX purchased in 2016 for $24K. It seems to have depreciated about $10K in 3 years so I guess I will not be trading it in. That being said, I would like to know what safety upgrades might be available, either from Honda, or after market. I am thinking in terms of worthwhile camera upgrades, blind spot alerts, etc. We are in our mid 80's and are becoming more sensitive to safety issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a 2014 pilot that we loved. We recently had an accident and it was totaled. We got a new 2019 touring. And as much as we like it, we have one major complaint. I didn’t think to look before we purchased or it would have been a dealbreaker for me. We always hang our clothes when traveling. Our new pilot has no hooks or handles in the 3rd row for us to hang a bar on. We’be Tried various tension rods, etc and nothing works. We have passengers in the second row so that is not an option. Has this frustrated anyone else and does anyone have any ideas or a work around. Our 2014 pilot had hooks over the 3rd row we could use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys , yesterday I was parked with the pilot on and I hear a noise from the engine, when I check I saw that the H side of the cooling system just blew out and leak freon . Question just I need to change the steam valve only . First time happen to me

·
Registered
1 Posts

We have a 2013 Honda Pilot which we love. We paid it off last year, had a 0% finance, and Sunday we got rear ended...bad. I am 90% sure it will be totaled. What are your thoughts out there?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
View attachment 132235
We have a 2013 Honda Pilot which we love. We paid it off last year, had a 0% finance, and Sunday we got rear ended...bad. I am 90% sure it will be totaled. What are your thoughts out there?
Very sad. Doesn't look good. On the other hand, if the frame is OK, most of the damage seems limited to the rear gate, so maybe not totaled. Insurance will tell. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You don't have to buy them. They're free to download from Honda's owner website.

You can buy printed manuals there too, but they're kinda pricy. You may be able to find them for less on Ebay.
Mea culpa, you were talking about service, not owner's manuals. Those can also be found online, but Haynes and Chilton also have manuals for your car. For the Honda service manual, search for it on Google. There are a number of sites where you can download a copy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey

Does anyone know how to retrieve a saved draft post? It was a long one with pictures. I couldn't finish it one go so saved and left. Now i can't find a way to retrieve it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ask away!!!

Hi Guys, New member. Having problems with power steering (whinning when turn wheel and slight hint of whinning when wheel not turned). Powersteering fluid slightly ABOVE the max. I know its been above the max for a while b/c I had this same problem 3 months ago and filled it at the suggestion of my neighbor who used to be a mechanic. Problem has been gone for a while. There is some leaking under the vehicle over the last few months under where the pump is so I figured it leaked out and now needs to be filled. Cleaned the side of the power steering container and the fluid is clearly over the max. I'm guessing I need a new pump but just want to get advice on a). if there is something I'm missing and b). how hard it is to do this job myself.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi Guys, New member. Having problems with power steering (whinning when turn wheel and slight hint of whinning when wheel not turned). Powersteering fluid slightly ABOVE the max. I know its been above the max for a while b/c I had this same problem 3 months ago and filled it at the suggestion of my neighbor who used to be a mechanic. Problem has been gone for a while. There is some leaking under the vehicle over the last few months under where the pump is so I figured it leaked out and now needs to be filled. Cleaned the side of the power steering container and the fluid is clearly over the max. I'm guessing I need a new pump but just want to get advice on a). if there is something I'm missing and b). how hard it is to do this job myself.
Might be just the O-ring.

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/power-steering-noise-when-cold.98050/#post-1010618

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am new here. I just learned how to check the fuse box and I feel that there is something missing. Am I right? Could anyone show me the fuse box picture they have? My car is a 2017 Honda Pilot elite.
image1-2.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum, been a Pilot owner for a while and never needed advice on fixing these things, so that's good I guess!

I got the dreaded "CEL + Flashing D indicator" on my 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD this afternoon. Read every thread I could find here about it and I have come up with two possibilities. I'm seeing the P0842 and seeing threads here say that could be both the 2nd gear and 3rd gear pressure switch. I stopped on the way home, since I was out and tried to get lucky so I bought part 28610-R36-004 which is the 3rd gear but now hearing P0842 means 2nd gear.

How can I tell if I need to take this back and get 28600-R36-004? Would there be a different code (P0843 perhaps) if it were the 3rd gear switch? Trying not to bring those zombie threads back up so hoping this thread will help. Thanks in advance!

4401 - 4420 of 4432 Posts
About this Discussion
4.4K Replies
1.4K Participants
honda333
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing