Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

4381 - 4400 of 4447 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Disable Power Tailgate?

Not sure if this is possible. I have a 2016 EX-L with power tailgate. Sometimes I want to just pop something in the back, and dont want to wait for the door to slowly open and slowly close afterwards. Is there an option to open the gate a bit and then close it. like enable manual lift? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
0.9 or 1.9 APR Finance

I saw this promotion of some of the local dealers. I am curious to know how legit it is? And if I can still negotiate the price down. I have been following the Pilot actual purchase price thread. I am wish I can get an EX-L for around the $34,500 give and take (lowest price I saw in Pilot price thread). The cheaper quote I received online was $36,500.

Manufacturer Offer
2019 Pilot Special APR

1. 0.9% APR for 24 months
  2. 0.9% APR for 36 months
  3. 1.9% APR for 39 months
  4. 1.9% APR for 42 months
  5. 1.9% APR for 48 months
  6. 1.9% APR for 60 months
  • Applies to select new 2019 Honda Pilot.
<time datetime="2019-04-30"> Offer only valid 4/02/2019 through 4/30/2019 </time> 0.9% APR for 24-36 months or 1.9% APR for 37-60 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
organic_dave, the APR is legit. Honda had the same offer when I purchased my 2019 EX-L on Jan 2nd and I ended up financing @ 0.9% for 36 mo. Best of luck on negotiating your deal!

Thanks, I just received a new quote of $35,950. How much did you pay for yours? and your OTD price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pilot noob here.

I'm in the market for a Pilot. It's either that or a Highlander. I'm fonda Hondas. I think they're engineered well (mostly with maintenance in mind) easy to get parts for and reliable. My Civic made it to 200k very reliably and I sold it a month ago and got a 2015 CR-V.

On to the Pilot. I want a 2017, 2018 or 2019 AWD EX-L or higher trim level, used or new (I don't want/need the features associated with the upper trims. Must have Honda Sensing package (was an option on some years I am looking at. I'm not holding my breath). I would prefer NOT to have the 9 speed transmission.

I've read the sticky re "how much did you pay for your Pilot". Good info there. I'm hope to employ some of those pricing strategies. I'm in a no-sales-tax state.

A few questions come to mind.
1. What mechanical/operating issues do I need to be aware of ? Anything jump out as "chronic".
2. What is the recommended timing belt change interval? Is it a big job? Expensive? DIY? Like other cars, is there anything else to replace at the same time (while I'm in there) IE water pump etc.?
3. Any preference for year ?
4. I'm in New England. Any idea of a decent OTD price for a 2019 "un-optioned" EX-L ? (I don't care about NAV or RES etc.) Just want HSP & moon roof.
5. Specs say it's rated at 5000 lbs towing. I've heard others talk of a "tow package". Is there such an option? Or is it just an added hitch, wiring and oil/trans cooler?

I'm going to start looking online (emailing too) local dealers soon. I'll visit the ones I feel comfortable with.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My fellow Piloteers,

I just recently bought my Pilot 2019 Touring model. I am living in Midwest and took my car on a moderate snow. While driving I noticed a warning in my dash. "Some driver assist systems cannot operate. Radar obstructed". This warning did not go away until I turn off the vehicle. I am not sure which driver assist feature will not work. Can you share your thoughts on this? Should this be fixed by Dealership?

·
Registered
242 Posts
My fellow Piloteers,

I just recently bought my Pilot 2019 Touring model. I am living in Midwest and took my car on a moderate snow. While driving I noticed a warning in my dash. "Some driver assist systems cannot operate. Radar obstructed". This warning did not go away until I turn off the vehicle. I am not sure which driver assist feature will not work. Can you share your thoughts on this? Should this be fixed by Dealership?
Usually that means the radar unit in the front of the vehicle is covered with mist, ice, dirt, dust, etc. It is that big "H" in the center of the grill which needs to be clean and clear of debris. It might not work if there is heavy rain or snow while driving.

If it doesn't clear up when you clean it or when the weather is clear, you might want to have your dealer check it. You said it went away when you shut off the vehicle. Was it parked for a while (snow or ice melted on it?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you still purchase a Honda Care package on a certified used vehicle that is over 36,000 miles? Also, where can I find out what additional coverage comes with purchasing certified used?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Pilot Elite and recently installed the trailer hitch without the harness, but now there is a hole in the hitch cover where the harness would have been, does anybody know what I could use to plug the hole.

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
What are your thoughts on getting service done by an independent mechanic vs a dealer? How do you go about finding a good mechanic?
I would check out reviews on Yelp or word of mouth recommendations from friends and/or family. Getting stuff done by a local mechanic is usually cheaper compared to the Stealership. You can bring your own parts to them for them to use.

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
I have a 2019 Pilot Elite and recently installed the trailer hitch without the harness, but now there is a hole in the hitch cover where the harness would have been, does anybody know what I could use to plug the hole.

Hopefully you can find one big enough. Would look nicer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Pilot EX-L with several warning lights--Dealer blames LED interior lighting?

Hello all, I hope I'm posting this in the right section! We've recently acquired two new Pilot Ex-l's which have been a pleasure to drive, and a real upgrade over the 2016 CRV and 2014 Impala. However, one of them has been throwing error codes and messages relating to the CMBS, Stability Control, RDMS, and other things intermittently. The dealership took the car in for an inspection and seemed to be stumped at first. They were saying their computer was "seeing a communication error between the systems and the body control module". But, they noticed that we upgraded the stock interior bulbs to an LED equivalent and are now telling me that the change in current from the new bulbs is causing the car's computer to malfunction. They then went on to tell me that I have likely voided the warranty on the systems and Honda may no longer cover anything in regards to repairs in the future. I cannot believe that such a simple and common car upgrade would not only cause so many glitches, but would also void a vehicle warranty. I feel like the dealership is trying to avoid repairing what may be a costly issue by pushing the blame onto me. Has anyone on this forum run into an issue with interior lighting upgrades like that? is there any possibility that changing bulbs would cause this much interference? The vehicle has become unsafe to drive as it is randomly braking, pulling the steering, or turning off safety features. ANY input you all have would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately
(Welcome!) We are seeing a lot of the same questions
being asked again. So that we don't get a proliferation
of duplicate threads, I propose this:
If you want to ask a question and don't know if it has
been discussed before, ask it here first.
(Just click the "Post Reply" button at the top and bottom of this page.)
I'm sure you will get several enthusiastic honda-pilot.org members happy to point you to the thread where it has been discussed before.
If this works, I'll have admin make this a 'sticky' thread so it will always
show at the top of the thread list.

Ask away!!!

(P.S. If you are a new Pilot owner, do we have your VIN in the table? -- shameless plug -- see link in my signature below.)
if my check engine is on and my drive indicated is blinking. What do I need to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installing the auxiliary Honda transmission cooler on my 2016 AWD 6 speed Pilot. How much extra trans fluid will I need to add? Thanks for any help.

4381 - 4400 of 4447 Posts