Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Nighthawk black EX-L Pilot this week, I had the dealer install the DVD player, since the one I looked at one week prior with the factory DVD sold before I could say" I'll take it". I just ordered running boards, rear guards, all weather mats, cargo mat and a cool Pilot hat from handa-accessories.com, I thought I got a good deal till I started looking at some group buys today on the site, free shipping sure makes a difference. I tried to send a picture preaccessorized but it would not let me send it, appearently my photo's are over 2000,000. bytes, any suggestions. It sure is fun to look at what people have done to their Pilot's.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Welcome to one of the newest members, from one of the newest Senior Members, having earned my third posting star in the last day or so. May you enjoy your Pilot as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
393 Posts
jettapilot said:
I tried to send a picture preaccessorized but it would not let me send it, appearently my photo's are over 2000,000. bytes, any suggestions. It sure is fun to look at what people have done to their Pilot's.
Congrats on the new Pilot!!!

Try and open your pictures using Microsoft Phot Editor (or other phot editor) and go to image--->Resize and then resize the picture down to about a 2" X 1.5" and resave it as a slightly new name so you don't overwrite your original high res photo.

Good luck and can't wait to see your new ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll try the photo editor. Did you install your running boards yourself.:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome jettapilot ! I know the feeling about gettin' the accessories from the dealer. At least I was armed with what NOT to pay when they tried to go WAY over MSRP! :rolleyes:

And congrats jay on becoming a Senior member!! ;)

Be sure to post your Pilot info in havasu's Vin Table Thread if you haven't already!

Safe Piloting! :29:

·
Registered
27 Posts
jettapilot said:
Thanks I'll try the photo editor. Did you install your running boards yourself.:)
jettapilot,

The running board installatin is quite simple but a bit time consuming. It took 2 of us about 1.5-2 hours, but we were sharing a single socket wrench. It can be done solo. If I remember correctly, there are 84 threaded bolts. Make sure you have a metric wrench set...

·
Registered
393 Posts
jettapilot said:
Did you install your running boards yourself.:)
jettapilot,

I talked the dealer into throwing in my running boards for free, so they were already installed for me. Seems pretty easy though, as dough already stated.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congrats....real cool...hope you can post the pictures soon:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congrats jettapilot...

I love to see new threads starting with "New Pilot Owner."

What a great way to start the Summer. Hope your Pilot brings you as much fun as ours does.

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jiaronnis said:
Welcome and congratulations on getting the best looking (color) Pilot. Have fun editing your pix, can't wait to see them.

I agree on the color, I looked at at a white pilot and before I could make up my mind it sold out from under me. Turns out the following Monday the dealer gets two pilots, silver and black, the black one looked so nice I didn't think twice, my wife loved it. I paid 1k under msrp.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
jettapilot said:
I just bought a Nighthawk black EX-L Pilot this week, I had the dealer install the DVD player, since the one I looked at one week prior with the factory DVD sold before I could say" I'll take it".

[snipped]
Welcome to the forum.

Funny, your experience is almost like mine. I had a MSRP quote from one dealer - dropped in to another dealership that had a NHB EX-L RES in stock and said they'd do MSRP for me. Well, when I get back with my trade, they are $1500 over MSRP and $2000 below KBB wholesale.

Needless to say, I bolted and headed for the dealership that had quoted MSRP. With silver, black and sage to choose from, I opted for the sage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: new member, new Pilot

sfhondapilot said:

Welcome to the forum.

Funny, your experience is almost like mine. I had a MSRP quote from one dealer - dropped in to another dealership that had a NHB EX-L RES in stock and said they'd do MSRP for me. Well, when I get back with my trade, they are $1500 over MSRP and $2000 below KBB wholesale.

Needless to say, I bolted and headed for the dealership that had quoted MSRP. With silver, black and sage to choose from, I opted for the sage.
It would have been hard for me to pick between the sage brush and the black if they were side by side, I ran into a couple while I was working today who pulled up in a brand new sage brush pearl and I have to admit it was awfully nice looking. I told them about hondapilot.org. It seems when I was originally looking the dealer had every honda on the lot 1K off sticker price and they honored it for me when the new pilot came in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts