Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I don't know if it's customary at this forum for new members to post an introduction, but it is over at the other forums I participate in, so I thought I would do so here.

My name is Phillip Reedy, and the wifey and I bought a Havasu Blue LX just over a month ago. We had gone to the Honda dealer to purchase a new CR-V for my wife, and while we were waiting for the car, we borrowed a Pilot to go get dinner. We liked the Pilot so much that we went ahead and purchased it too (really made the salesmans day...). I hadn't planned on doing this, but my 1998 Tahoe was falling apart, despite only having just over 80k miles. Both of us have had Hondas in the past, and we valued the build quality and reliability inherent in this make. We both had a Chevy in the past too, and neither of us will ever subject ourselves to that kind of miserable reliability again.

So far, we have been impressed with the comfort, ride, and handling of our Pilot, and at how well the air conditioning works here in central Texas. Everyone who has seen or driven the car has also been impressed. We have yet to test the off-road capability, but hope to do so this fall when hunting season begins.

I plan on installing a roof rack once it arrives, and have already joined the group buy for the running boards. I'll probably order the keyless entry system too, but it's not very high on my priority list at this time. Certainly it looks much harder to install than did the one for the wifey's CR-V, which took all of five minutes (she is as happy w/her CR-V, as I am with my Pilot).

That's about it -- I look forward to participating in this very interesting forum. Hopefully I'll post a pic or two very soon.

regards,

Phil Reedy
Boerne, TX

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome

Phillip, welcome to the forum ... Pretty slick for the dealer to let you borrow the PILOT like that ... anyway hope you enjoy the PILOT and keep us informed with the multitude of upgrades you plan ..

PrG

·
Registered
592 Posts
With the tight availability of Pilots at dealerships, that is kinda surprising that he let you drive off a Pilot while you were waiting for a CR-V.

Welcome to the forum and Congrats !

Thats what I call an impromptu buying experience !!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome, Philip.

So... how long have you had this "impulse buying" problem???

:31:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats Phillip !!!!!!

You did bring a very nice point of a brief intro. of self to the NEW members. It does give a new perspective on whom you are talking to.

Hang on to your Pilot. I let my wife drive mine for some time, now I am stuck with our old 94 HONDA CIVIC.

GOOD LUCK with both Pilot and CR-V.

KE

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum Phillip and welcome back to being a Honda owner.

I hear your pain in Chevy's....after having to rent a Malibu for a couple of days whle the son's Ford Ranger was in the shop, it has reaffirmed my beliefs that GM's are CRAP!!!

Honda owner forever!!!!
:29:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts