Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Excited to be part of this group. From what I've seen everyone is very active, polite, and helpful!

I have a new-to-me 2005 Honda Pilot EX. Bought it with 147k miles and now we are at 204k. I haven't done any mods worth noting and honestly don't have much knowledge. Lol. I fish, camp and love the outdoors so my goal is to have my Pilot match my hobbies.

20200323_091838.jpg

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Lots of good maintenance information and great members to help you keep that first gen Pilot trucking along. Your at the crossroads for the next level of the 200K club

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
Yes, looks nice and clean, as if you went glamping. :) You're coming due for the second timing belt service, so don't forget to schedule that in between a couple of fishing trips. Hope they're biting!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, looks nice and clean, as if you went glamping. :) You're coming due for the second timing belt service, so don't forget to schedule that in between a couple of fishing trips. Hope they're biting!
Lol. Well...when you have 3 kids and your woman with you...glamping keeps them calm. And thank you so much for that info. I had no idea. What exactly is the service on timing belt? They replace it with a new one?

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a few informative threads to read that provide a good excuse, under family confinement conditions, to say to the usually lovely wife and kids if need be, "Sorry, but I'm going to need a little alone time to do some very important reading so that our family vehicle stays roadworthy and safe." :)

Timing Belt - (Mileage vs. Time)

timing belt service

Timing belt kit...which O.E.M. to use, is there anyone I should stay away from?

PSA!!! Don't buy Gates Water Pumps
Niceeee. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You got the last year of the best looking Pilot generation before they changed the body style . . . I might be a bit biased though.

If you radiator is original consider replacing it since one of the bad things for our model year is for the radiator to fail. That causes the tranny fluid and radiator coolant to mix which is highly undesirable.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

It does happen, but less frequently on an '08.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum. You got the last year of the best looking Pilot generation before they changed the body style . . . I might be a bit biased though.

If you radiator is original consider replacing it since one of the bad things for our model year is for the radiator to fail. That causes the tranny fluid and radiator coolant to mix which is highly undesirable.
Wow. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts