Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE Modern Steel Metallic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 2021 Pilot SE AWD in Modern Steel Metallic. Splurged and had the dealer install the hitch and harness. Put a new Thule rack as soon as I got her home. I’ve had Hondas before, but never a Pilot. As a new owner, I’m 100% in love with it. That feeling is going to last forever, right? ;)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Should we tell him to disable the VCM right out of the box? Lol

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
84 Posts
Sharp looking Pilot with the blacked out accents.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sharp looking Pilot with the blacked out accents.
Thanks! The only thing in the whole selection process my wife cared about was black wheels.:ROFLMAO: We both like the look (and ground clearance) of the Passport more, but the SE at least came close.

Oh heavens not. The order of advice to newbies is as follows.
1 Valvoline Max Life ATF fluid

2 VCM

3 Sumo wrestler tires. Opps, my bad, I meant Sumotomo tires.
What about telling me that 20” wheels are dumb? TBH, I’m already kind of obsessed with finding a set of 18” to slap some real tires on it. Sigh.
BTW I’m going to ignore the VCM thing until it’s an issue. I learned to drive in Massachusetts where there is no such thing as gentle acceleration. It’s foot to the floor either way—the only decision is brake or gas.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
What made your mind up on the Pilot over the Passport? I traded in a 2013 Pilot Touring for the 2020 Passport Touring in Metallic Steele. It's just the wife and I so we didn't need the 3rd row seats. I like the bigger cargo area, especially as it is where the 2 dogs ride. No slots for legs to slip through like with the Pilot and the 3rd row seat down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What made your mind up on the Pilot over the Passport? I traded in a 2013 Pilot Touring for the 2020 Passport Touring in Metallic Steele. It's just the wife and I so we didn't need the 3rd row seats. I like the bigger cargo area, especially as it is where the 2 dogs ride. No slots for legs to slip through like with the Pilot and the 3rd row seat down.
We love the Passport. The short answer is that we wanted as much space as possible. Three kids if you include the dog, and we like road trips and carpooling. We would’ve considered a larger model if Honda made one.

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
We love the Passport. The short answer is that we wanted as much space as possible. Three kids if you include the dog, and we like road trips and carpooling. We would’ve considered a larger model if Honda made one.
Ahhh.......Kids. Nothing like kids to ruin a spontaneous, fun life style. :LOL:

Our three kids are grown and gone with families of their own. We have three grandkids that we adore, but we can send them home to their folks in the evenings, hopped up on sugary treats if we choose. Or if one of the parents thought they would make some smart aleck remark about the grandparents. Pixie Sticks are a wonderful invention. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
BTW I’m going to ignore the VCM thing until it’s an issue.
When you take it to Honda for your first oil change, tell them your worried that your spark plugs are oily and turning black. See what they say.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks! The only thing in the whole selection process my wife cared about was black wheels.:ROFLMAO: We both like the look (and ground clearance) of the Passport more, but the SE at least came close.
The black wheels are what sold my wife on ours, as well. :cool:

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
BTW I’m going to ignore the VCM thing until it’s an issue.
That's fine but check out the VCM threads where some owners decide to avoid the negative effects of VCM with some version of VCM muzzler. Some owners have no reported problems with VCM while others have significant issues especially those that tend to keep their Pilot long-term.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's fine but check out the VCM threads where some owners decide to avoid the negative effects of VCM with some version of VCM muzzler. Some owners have no reported problems with VCM while others have significant issues especially those that tend to keep their Pilot long-term.
Good advice—thanks. I was being a little flippant...this Covid thing is making me punchy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 Pilot SE AWD in Modern Steel Metallic. Splurged and had the dealer install the hitch and harness. Put a new Thule rack as soon as I got her home. I’ve had Hondas before, but never a Pilot. As a new owner, I’m 100% in love with it. That feeling is going to last forever, right? ;)
View attachment 139449
View attachment 139449
Looks so clean! That’s exactly what I’m looking for and am getting quotes. Hopefully buying Labor Day weekend. The lowest I’ve received was $38555 before taxes and fees. What was the price you paid?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks so clean! That’s exactly what I’m looking for and am getting quotes. Hopefully buying Labor Day weekend. The lowest I’ve received was $38555 before taxes and fees. What was the price you paid?
$38k, which included a $1k Honda owner loyalty incentive from the manufacturer. Added the hitch and harness for $1k (too lazy to do myself) and tolerated the dealer-added door guards and handle cups for $300 (fair vehicle price + awesome trade-in value, so I rolled with it) so really $39,300 all in. We’re very happy overall.

The only thing I wish the SE had was the giant rear sunroof. That thing is dope.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Pilot looks great.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
$38k, which included a $1k Honda owner loyalty incentive from the manufacturer. Added the hitch and harness for $1k (too lazy to do myself) and tolerated the dealer-added door guards and handle cups for $300 (fair vehicle price + awesome trade-in value, so I rolled with it) so really $39,300 all in. We’re very happy overall.

The only thing I wish the SE had was the giant rear sunroof. That thing is dope.
Be careful what you wish for. From what I have heard with the large sun roof you are precluded from putting stuff on the roof if you are so inclined to do so when traveling. Too easy to break stuff, like the sun roof. Apparently the rails are more for show that go with that particular option.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts