Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I ran out of time on Saturday , March 6, 2021 dealing on a used 2007 Honda Pilot LX with 132,000
Ran the VIN # thru my insurance co and it came out clean as a local vehicle, no accidents and no service records the timing belt was changed.
Price is $8400 out the door
Test ride, when starting the the starter motor seems to ring and over-run but once started the engine sounds quiet, no valve noise, on the moving test ride I can feel a good amount of vibration, the underbody looks good, no rust, looks like a new exhaust but the rear muffler at the back bumper looks bad, good tires, brakes are so-so, cloth seats the interior is dirty almost like grease on the seats.
Question about the 4x4? the 4x4 is always there, it's normally a front wheel drive where the rear wheels engage when the front wheels start spinning and the VT?? switch on the dash over-rides it and locks all 4 wheels in drive in serious stuck? Right?
Currently I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 230,000 miles I only use to haul sound equipment ( very large and heavy speakers) and was thinking with the 3rd seat removed and the 2nd seat folded down that there will be enough room, but can the suspension on the Pilot handle the heavy weight haul like the Ranger? I am guessing all my equipment is 800 lbs? Plus I plan on driving it in the winter when we get heavy snowstorms where in nice weather I will drive my 35 MPG Saturn SL1 with 185,000 miles.
(edit) I forgot to tell you my 2000 Ranger has a cracked frame so I am forced to junk it
plus I can do the timing belt change myself on the Pilot, ran of of time at the dealer fighting about the price, he won't give on price, the dealer closed at 3:00 and threw me out so I plan on coming back on Monday
I really need a small van to haul my equipment , keeping it inside the vehicle protecting it from the rain but I sometimes need 4x4 vehicle, so I figured the best of 2 worlds with the Honda Pilot?
What do you think?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

First, I'd say to use this excellent, destined to become a sticky, 1st gen buyer's checklist:

First-Gen Pilot Buyer's Guide Checklist - The Final...

To help you understand how VTM-4 really works, take a look at this and read the document I've attached for you.

I'm pretty sure the Pilot should be able to handle 800 lbs., but I wouldn't necessarily remove the 3rd row seats, just fold them down along with the 2nd row seats and measure if your sound equipment would fit. Take a tape measure with you when you go back. You'll also want to put down a tarp or something to protect the carpet backing when the time comes to load the equipment back there.

Finally, are you parents available? I'd like to have a word with them about what they were thinking when they named you. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could get a small enclosed trailer, the Pilot will tow 5000 lbs plus I can get a cheap $50 wireless backup camera , I make more money on one weekend DJ'ing gig than I make all week working a full time job

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
So did you measure it?

I used to be a DJ. Do people still say, "Spin that wax!"

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Pilot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts