Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading press releases on the new Accord and noticed in a photo last night that it looks like the keyless entry has been incorporated into the key so there is no need for a key fob. Reading the official press release from Honda I see this as a new feature.

I hate the extra key fob for the alarm/keyless entry, especially from Honda because they seem to wear out so fast (cosmetically) and I don’t want to put it in a leather case like I have seen advertised on some web sites.

Does anyone know if maybe this is something that we could order for our Pilots when the new Accords arrive? If the key dimensions the same and a similar design then it should just be a dealer ordered item (I doubt dealers can even cut additional Pilot keys) and a reprogram for the code.

Any thoughts?

- Jason
:27:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd be on the top of the list to get the new Accord type key on my Pilot. I have 2 keyfobs on my ring and it is a pain. I see this being a hot accessory if it becomes available for the Pilot.

Cheese :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sure hope we can get them....I have a 2002 CRV and getting a Pilot. Having 2 keys + 2 separate Remotes is a PAIN!!!!

The parents have an all-in-one for their lexus RX300...much nicer

·
Registered
310 Posts
I, too, am anti-fob. However, a buddy with a Lexus says that the integrated remote-in-the-key has been problematic for Lexus. Given that the Pilot's key-with-the-chip costs a reported $40 or so to replace I presume the remote-in-the-key-with-a-chip will cost even more. (How 'bout them hyphens? :D )

It may pay to monitor the Accord's success with this feature before plunking down $?? for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Ag said:
I, too, am anti-fob. However, a buddy with a Lexus says that the integrated remote-in-the-key has been problematic for Lexus. Given that the Pilot's key-with-the-chip costs a reported $40 or so to replace I presume the remote-in-the-key-with-a-chip will cost even more. (How 'bout them hyphens? :D )

It may pay to monitor the Accord's success with this feature before plunking down $?? for it.
Price could be a major issue. Keyfobs and programming are not cheap and the new security key will not help.

I ordered a new "key" for my '98 Mercedes E320 which had to be ordered from Maryland - the only place MB will allow to send keys from the US. Its not a key really, just a big keyfob with the keyless entry and a IR sensor that plugged into the ignition - the price for such a cool gadget? $225.

Guess we need to wait and see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is really nothing new. My aunt in Japan bought a Mitsubishi MiniCa (Mini-Car) in 1997 that had the keyless entry in with the key. The Japanese are always saving the best stuff for the home market. :mad:

- Gil
'02 Redrock EX-L
'92 Ford Taurus SHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts