Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have any great new ideas for installing your own DVD systems? I'm starting to see these portable DVD players go on sale everywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome!!

This is exactly what I wanted. I have been eyeing those portable DVD players for a long time now. If I don't have to drill any holes in the center console, I will be getting one.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks!

Those reports are really helpful to those of us that opted to pass on the DVD from the factory and now think maybe they should have got it.

No names of course...he he

Don

·
Registered
602 Posts
5.6" TFT Monitor

Just purchased a 5.6" TFT LCD monitor that attaches to my son's Nintendo GameCube. The beauty of this very sharp screen is that it comes with RCA input plugs so that you can run a DVD, VCR, or any other video game console through the screen. It gets power from a cigarette lighter adapter. Has two built-in speakers and two inputs for headphones. This kind of setup was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want anything permanently installed, nor did I want to hard-wire the power. The screen comes with a stand, or you can just leave it attached to the GameCube. For those of you with XBox or Playstation2, you already have the capability of playing DVDs. I need to purchase a small DVD player though, because GameCube does not play DVDs.

http://www.inteclink.com/inteclink/products/screens/screens.asp#

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Awesome!!

harosha said:
This is exactly what I wanted. I have been eyeing those portable DVD players for a long time now. If I don't have to drill any holes in the center console, I will be getting one.

Thanks for the info!!
The DVD player I've install in the photo above does not really require a hole drilled. There is enough room for the wiring to fit between the seems. I should of took pictures during the install which was quite easy and very clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to the board, and excited about my sagebrush pilot-NAVI coming in 10 days...I have been doing a ton a research and have found a dvd player that has screens installed inside the two front head rests. As soon as I find the website I will let everyone know...

·
Registered
46 Posts
wbasters said:
here's a website with headrest LCD info...look around the website - I was thinking since I already have a portable DVD player, I might just get the head rests and hook them up to my DVD player...http://www.autobarn.net/vis7kitwitdv.html
You are absolutely right, Vizualogic brand headrest video are the best. I originally looked into getting it as a friend of mine can get if for about $900 for the pair but I wanted to try out the "cheaper" model first to see if watching from that angle really works for the passenger in back or not. Now that I've installed the cheaper model, when it breaks, Vizualogic headrest will be my next setup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: cool bracket for holding portable DVD

guitarman said:
Has anyone seen these brackets from Mito?

http://www.mitocorp.com/panasonic_dvd_vehicle_specificat.htm

They look pretty cool and easy to install. The website says that the bracket for the Pilot is coming soon. What do you think?
I just got off the phone with Mito and they said they have dropped plans to make bracket for pilot. Any other good ideas on how to mount a portable dvd for trips. I think strapping it to the top of the center console is too far forward.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been thinking about this dual screen dvd player combined with a pair of harnesses like these.

Of course my requirements may be somewhat different than yours. Since I'm the primary driver of our pilot, this would only be used on long trips (vacations, etc.) I would prefer that the "in-flight" entertainment system be easily removed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the DVD player. You could do as fancy or as crude of an installation as you wanted. You could keep it flexible so you could have two kids in the middle row with their own screen, or have one screen in the middle and one in the third row if you have a full load. For that price it sure beats the factory installed DVD player.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts