Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New here. Bought a 2020 Honda pilot in the spring. Not my first one. I'm a huuuuuge Honda guy. Right now my other car is a 2020 Honda civic type R

Had a CRV right before this but needed more space to transport my dogs. I have a great Dane.

Absolutely love this thing. Went with the touring. The huuuuuge sunroof is awesome and I love the captain seats for my kids.
Decent on gas.

Couple things that I don't like lol
1. The wireless charger barely works. Compared to my other cars I've owned on it. Id say it works about 30 percent of the time
2. The air cool seats suck. Hahaha I've been in rentals that blow icy cold air. This one you feel nothing.

Also couple questions. Can you run smaller wheels? Looking in the used market for winter tires in Canada. Found some 2013 MDX wheels that should fit.
Also found some 17 inch steelies. Doubt those would fit.

Added some pics below.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
Welcome! Nice cars.. I like the color of your Civic.. a real head turner..

Your 2 items are my exact rants on my Pilot, but not a deal breaker at all, I love everything in it..

You should be able to find a topic about your wheels, I'm pretty sure it has been discussed here.. Enjoy!

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
Hi everyone,
New here. Bought a 2020 Honda pilot in the spring. Not my first one. I'm a huuuuuge Honda guy. Right now my other car is a 2020 Honda civic type R

Had a CRV right before this but needed more space to transport my dogs. I have a great Dane.

Absolutely love this thing. Went with the touring. The huuuuuge sunroof is awesome and I love the captain seats for my kids.
Decent on gas.

Couple things that I don't like lol
1. The wireless charger barely works. Compared to my other cars I've owned on it. Id say it works about 30 percent of the time
2. The air cool seats suck. Hahaha I've been in rentals that blow icy cold air. This one you feel nothing.

Also couple questions. Can you run smaller wheels? Looking in the used market for winter tires in Canada. Found some 2013 MDX wheels that should fit.
Also found some 17 inch steelies. Doubt those would fit.

Added some pics below.

View attachment 139311
View attachment 139312
I know 245/60/r18 is an alternate tire size for this vehicle.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,092 Posts
Hi there and Welcome to the forum. Jump right in and enjoy the new ride. I have a 2020 Passport Touring with the charger and have no problems with it, but then the wife & I still have the regular size iPhone 7's. The son has one of the larger android phones and he has to adjust it a bit to get it to work.

As for the seat cooler, don't have them but have heard that complaint from others. It's just a fan blowing cabin air so I'm not sure cooler is the proper term. With till this winter though, I think you will find the heated seats to be nice. They do get nice and warm making for a toasty tushy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My pilot is 2 months old. 1100 miles. It’s been at the dealership more than my garage. A Honda tech is flying in to try to fix my lemon... I mean pilot. I switch your phone charger for loud popping and crackling And a dead infotainment system and a blacked out dash

·
Administrator
5,092 Posts
I assume you meant you have the Elite, not the Touring. The phone charger and the ventilated seats aren't available on the 2020 Touring, AFAIK.
No, the OP's in Canada, eh. In Canada the Touring is the equivalent to the Elite in the US. Here are the Canadian Models: LX, EX, EX-L Navi, Touring 8P, Touring 7P and Black Edition.

·
Administrator
5,092 Posts
Unless you have a case that supports it, the iPhone 7 does not support wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Not a case, just the Qi receiver between the thin leather case and the phone back. Probably should have mentioned that as that little fact can confuse people.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EXL
10 Posts
welcome! We just got our '20 Pilot a week ago (my wife's ride). Overall, I prefer my 4Runner, but I have to admit, the Pilot is nice and will be more practical for long trips with the kids.

·
Administrator
5,092 Posts
That's really cool, haven't seen that yet! Nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
It's because I'm too cheap to buy a new phone every time they come out. We are going to replace our current ones this fall when the new phones come out as the battery life is really reduced after 4 years of use.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's because I'm too cheap to buy a new phone every time they come out. We are going to replace our current ones this fall when the new phones come out as the battery life is really reduced after 4 years of use.
Or you could just get a new battery... just saying. $50 vs $700 is a big difference lol.

·
Administrator
5,092 Posts
Or you could just get a new battery... just saying. $50 vs $700 is a big difference lol.
But then I wasted getting the dealer to throw in and install the charger for free, along with some other goodies, when I bought the Passport. Besides it's life is just about up in terms of operating software. Not sure that ios 14 is going to support the 7 any longer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cooled seats leave and to be desired but I believe (anyone else feel free to correct me) but all just circulate cabin air. I suspect some feel colder than others due to AC vent locations. I know on my old car the vents were under the seat so the seat fan was able to suck very cold air.
Wireless charger sucks. Have to move it all the time to hit the right spot. Really only use though if wife has stolen the cord for usb/CarPlay so easy to live without it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.