Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Brandon. I currently drive an extremely reliable 2005 Honda CR-V EX with 135k on it. I quickly get bored of cars but don't have a crazy budget. I am considering getting a 2011-2014 Pilot. (Mostly considering and 2013-2014 because the rear camera and Bluetooth are a nice addition and the 2009-2011 head unit are ugly as a sin.

Should I consider getting this vehicle since I love my CR-V and want to size up? (I hate the newest styling that looks like a mini van. My only other pick would be a 4runner.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
We have the Pilot and the 4Runner. Both are good at what they do. The Pilot is a better bus/limo. 4Runner is better in rougher terrain, as a body on frame. K loves her 4Runner. I'm happier in the Pilot, with the stiffer unibody and a better IMO on-road ride quality. Different cars for different duties and preferences. The toughest off-road either sees is a snow-covered parking lot.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with dr bob. The 4Runner and Pilot are built for two completely different purposes. The 4Runner is primarily designed for off-roading and seats 5 passengers and is pretty much the SUV version of the Tacoma where the Pilot is designed to accommodate 8 passengers and drives like a car. Not enough information has been provided to adequately make a recommendation as we do not know the full extent of your needs and wants in a potential vehicle.

I have a 2015 Pilot, the last year they made the box and I love it. It is so flexible and has storage everywhere. I am about to hit 100k and haven't had any issues with it. I agree with you though, the center stack is clumsy and ugly on the 2009-2011 model years along with the headlight assemblies. What's strange is the redesigned center stack and headlight assemblies was only changed in the American market. Everywhere else the Pilot was sold, the center stack and headlight assemblies remained the same.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Brandon. I currently drive an extremely reliable 2005 Honda CR-V EX with 135k on it. I quickly get bored of cars but don't have a crazy budget. I am considering getting a 2011-2014 Pilot. (Mostly considering and 2013-2014 because the rear camera and Bluetooth are a nice addition and the 2009-2011 head unit are ugly as a sin.

Should I consider getting this vehicle since I love my CR-V and want to size up? (I hate the newest styling that looks like a mini van. My only other pick would be a 4runner.
With regular maintenance the CRV should roll easily for another 150K but for increased capacity the Pilot can be a good choice. Depending upon your budget and skillset the BT and rear camera could be retrofitted to nearly any vehicle. 4Runner is a solid choice but they will ride+handle different, interior will be similar to CRV and the mpg will be much less than the CRV.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,702 Posts
You can’t go wrong with either of those SUVs. Toyota 4Runners beat the Pilot in power, durability, reliability and off road capability. Pilots are more quiet, smooth and while reliable, you can’t beat a 4Runner. Keep in mind 4Runners don’t lose their value so your money will go farther if you are looking for a Pilot.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
I prefer the Honda 5-speed transmission over the 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts