Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Garmin just released another update for Garmin Express (7.1.3.0) but it still not fixed my issue. Also nothing from technical support. Dropped them a quick email asking for an update - nothing back as well.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
131 Posts
Yea, just downloaded and installed onto my 2020 BE Pilot. No problem here. Confirm that updating Garmin Express is required before downloading the update.

The actual installation of the updated into the car took about 45 minutes or so. 2021.10 is the version updated into the. car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Garmin just released another update for Garmin Express (7.1.3.0) but it still not fixed my issue. Also nothing from technical support. Dropped them a quick email asking for an update - nothing back as well.
Hey @Malv did you receive any response from Garmin on your outstanding issue?

I traded my '19 for a '21 and cannot update the the maps. Whenever I try the update, I get the message that Garmin Express cannot recognize the device. I have also spoken with Garmin Support and they sent me an email requesting information from me. I sent the information and haven't heard anything from Garmin. I recently sent a follow up email requesting an update and still nothing.

I still cannot update to to the 2021 maps. So frustrating.

·
Registered
556 Posts

I traded my '19 for a '21 and cannot update the the maps. Whenever I try the update, I get the message that Garmin Express cannot recognize the device. I have also spoken with Garmin Support and they sent me an email requesting information from me. I sent the information and haven't heard anything from Garmin. I recently sent a follow up email requesting an update and still nothing.

Wouldn't the 2021 Pilot already have the new maps?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It may have the updated map version already, but not being able to recognize the device is a problem.

Try going into the navigation settings and seeing what version maps you have installed now from the factory.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I did. They said that my navigator went online in the first time in March 2015 which makes it ineligible for free updates. I confronted that they are being ridiculous and this is probably the assembly date for the truck. The first owner reported in 2016 which makes it 4 year old vehicle still eligible for the free updates. They replied "we are looking into it". And no word since then. I will try to follow up next week.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did. They said that my navigator went online in the first time in March 2015 which makes it ineligible for free updates. I confronted that they are being ridiculous and this is probably the assembly date for the truck. The first owner reported in 2016 which makes it 4 year old vehicle still eligible for the free updates. They replied "we are looking into it". And no word since then. I will try to follow up next week.
Thanks for the reply.

I had an issue with the navi in my '19 Pilot also and found Garmin very difficult to deal with. One of their reps actually told me that she didn't believe that I was having the issue as it didn't make sense to her. That comment did not go over well with me and I was very quick to tell her so.

Guess my only option is to keep following up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,644 Posts
Have you checked the Honda Owners site reference updates. This is from the Honda site:

Newer model year owners: A map update may not be available yet for your system. Please click ‘Continue’ to go to Garmin’s site and determine what is available for your system.

The Honda update site shows no update for the 2021 models at this point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks. This actually makes the most sense.

Now if only Garmin would tell me this. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Garmin being ridiculous:

"At this time updates are not available for your particular system. We are expecting an update for your navigation to be released later this year. Thank you for your patience while we work to make an update available."
I do not have any further insight on when 'later this year' is unfortunately.

Btw nobody even tried to contact me with an update on the case. I wouldn't know if I never asked.
Just sent them back that there is no such thing as my particular system since Honda sold over 120 thousands of them in 2016. And requested to provide with 2020 update instead (it should be available last year right?)

Also asked to confirm that I will be eligible for update even after the 5 year period since the case was opened within the range.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've given up completely on garmin at this point. I mostly use Android auto instead of the in car navigation, and will just continue to do so.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Did they release an update for 2019/20? My 2020 Pilot has trouble when I'm on some newer roads that HAVE been around for more than a year. I haven't downloaded the new update yet. I'm running on the one that came with the car. Should I just go to the dealer to get mine updated since so many are having problems?

·
Registered
94 Posts
An update. I finally received a response from Garmin on Thursday that the issue has been fixed and that I can now update my maps in my '21 Pilot. They provided instructions for me to start over and reformat the USB drive and to make sure that I have the latest version of Garmin Express. I did all of this and the result was "Garmin Express does not recognize this device". I sent an email back to them stating that the problem is not fixed.

The waiting continues....

·
Registered
88 Posts
An update. I finally received a response from Garmin on Thursday that the issue has been fixed and that I can now update my maps in my '21 Pilot. They provided instructions for me to start over and reformat the USB drive and to make sure that I have the latest version of Garmin Express. I did all of this and the result was "Garmin Express does not recognize this device". I sent an email back to them stating that the problem is not fixed.

The waiting continues....
Yeah, same here, minus the response from Garmin. I'm just using Android Auto and giving up on them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had trouble with the updates so I just ask the dealer to do it when I'm there for service. For the last update, all of my history was erased as well as my Home button location. Not sure if the dealer didn't perform the update correctly or what?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
131 Posts
I had trouble with the updates so I just ask the dealer to do it when I'm there for service. For the last update, all of my history was erased as well as my Home button location. Not sure if the dealer didn't perform the update correctly or what?
Hey, yea the last one wiped out all my history, home button, and all other favorites. Have to reset. Seems normal for this update as others here in other (or maybe earlier in this thread) have also reported.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts