Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ton of research including dealer costs and pricing, a lot of Internet shopping, a dozen+ e-mail quotes and 2 written offers, I was able to get several dealers competing. Although its taken a couple of weeks, the final deal (today) worked out to about $300 CDN (=U$200) over invoice!

It took a little negotiating, but eventually the local dealer (Victoria, BC) agreed to order in a new RedRock Pearl EX-L at no extra cost, even though all other competing quotes were for in-stock units. Since we are on Vancouver Island (north of Seattle), shipping isn't cheap.

I don't get it until next week, but am already looking forward to it. After reading a lot in these forums (my first post), I'm anxious to install some nice accessories.

For those comparing in $US (which is most of you I believe), the final cost worked out to the equivilant of about $26,500 for a Canadian EX-L (with the heated leather seats) + taxes. ($40,600 CDN inclusive of all fees).

For anyone that hasn't purchased yet, I hope this encourages you to shop around. Even though demand is high, it looks like there are still deals to be had - at least in this little corner of Canada.

RedRock Pearl EX-L with Saddle interior - on the way

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations, Canadian Pilot.
I did lots of research but I don't think I got as good a deal here in Calagry. I purchased a Sandstone EX-L for $43337. This included freight, PDI, block heater, rear flaps, hood deflector, wood grain dash, woodgrain interior, tow package, foglights, locking wheel nuts, and roof cross rails. It was about the best I could get in Calgary. At least I only have to add the GST. No PST in Alberta. I paid about $3000 over invoive for the car with all my accessories. The accessories are probably worth $1800 based on prices at Honda-accessories.com which I used for some idea of costs. The dealer ended up getting about $1200 over invoice, way more than your $300. Well done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Calgary!

It sounds like you've got some nice accessories :7: Not paying provincial tax must save a bundle! I still had to pay the battery/tire tax ($20) and the environmental tax for the AC ($100), and of course 7% GST, but no luxury tax or fuel tax thankfully.

I had the dealer include all documentation/prep/shipping etc. fees in the price.

Hopefully I can find aftermarket suppliers for most accessories since the dealer prices on most items seem pretty high.

I wonder how our deals compare to those elsewhere (?) :8:

RedRock Pearl EX-L with Saddle interior - on the way

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Welcome aboard to both of you, :29: sounds like all your hard paid off and got great deals on your Pilots.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
SUPER DEAL and NICE AVATAR

Canadian Pilot!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently paid a web site that gives Dealer invoice prices for any new vehicle sold in Canada. It was just updated with the new freight increase that came into effect July 1 2003. I have been told by someone on the inside that this freight increase was a way for Honda Canada to stop Honda dealers from adding their own "Packs" or add a gross markup to the suggested retail price. Now this is not allowed and all dealers are to quote retail for a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L at $43000.00 plus freight $1240.00 plus Air tax $100.00 for a MSRP of $44340.00 plus GST and Provincial Sales Tax except in Alberta that has no Provincial tax. The dealer holdback has gone up the amount of the increase in freight so it amounts to smoke and mirrors with their bottom line cost staying the same as before the freight increase. Dealers now have the $400.00 freight increase in their pocket or to show you a better discount off suggested retail. Dealer invoice for a Pilot with leather in Canada is $39345.00 plus $1240.00 Freight plus $100.00 Air tax for a total of $40685.00. Hope this helps if your about to deal on one in Canada.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Canadian Pilot-you driving??

Is that your Pilot doing that off road driving on your "symbol".Where can we see the whole clip?Thanks,Charlie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Canadian Pilot-you driving??

charlie said:
Is that your Pilot doing that off road driving on your "symbol".Where can we see the whole clip?Thanks,Charlie
I'm looking forward to some 4-wheeling fun, but I still haven't taken delivery yet. I borrowed the images from the official Honda media center at http://www.hondanews.com/forms/honda/pilot/index_images.html?kw=currenthonda and with a few tools, put the clip together.

The hondanews site has 210 pictures of the Pilot from every possible angle, lots of specifications, and a number of press releases from Honda. These are the pictures you will see used in the various reviews and articles by journalists.

My research agrees with Regrus from Edmonton. Honda Canada's adjusted freight costs need not affect your offer - it is just more profit for the dealer. I always start from the true invoice price and work up. Depending on supply and demand and other factors, some dealers are glad to make $1000 over cost on a sale.

Redrock Pearl EX-L -- coming soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased the EX-L with the following options from
a vancouver dealership:

- towing package
- all weather mats
- side step bars
- cargo tray
- tow hitch bike rack

The total price (not including taxes) was $43800 CA. I could have
probably done better if I looked around and perhaps if I was
a better negotiator. But I'm excited. I get to pick it up on
thursday.

- frank

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: from a canadian Pilot hunter

mjiang007 said:
would you mind sharing the name of the dealer and the sales person?
i'm not sure which of us you are asking, but in my case
i purchased from Happy Honda . I dealt
with Ben and Reza. Reza, the sales manager there, has
an awesome black pilot EXL that he modified by adding
20 inch wheels, a new front grill, a DVD player and
a playstation and a few other minor changes here and there.
Looks very cool.

- fholdem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Re: from a canadian Pilot hunter

fholdem said:
i'm not sure which of us you are asking, but in my case
i purchased from Happy Honda . I dealt
with Ben and Reza. Reza, the sales manager there, has
an awesome black pilot EXL that he modified by adding
20 inch wheels, a new front grill, a DVD player and
a playstation and a few other minor changes here and there.
Looks very cool.

- fholdem
Thanks for the quick reply, I got my accord from Happy Honda in Burnaby, will go there and check it out.

Could Canadian Pilot please share his info? Since it seems he got the best deal so far..

Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honda City in Victoria

mjiang007 said:
Thanks for the quick reply, I got my accord from Happy Honda in Burnaby, will go there and check it out.

Could Canadian Pilot please share his info? Since it seems he got the best deal so far..

Cheers.
I ended up dealing with Honda City in Victoria (where I'm from). The salesperson I dealt with was Glenn Sadlemeyer. He promised from the beginning that they would beat any other offer I received, and they ultimately did just that. They seemed particularly interested in not losing business to the Duncan dealership. His sales manager stood behind the agreement to beat Duncan, even though it meant little margin for them and they had to order in my RedRock Pearl EX-L.

In my negotiations, I dealt with people from most other dealerships in BC. While most were very courteous and professional, one other person who stood out was Sylva Mischke [[email protected]] from Marv Jones Honda. Unfortunately, they couldn't get the RedRock model I wanted, but they were pretty competitive.

Good luck with your purchase :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts