Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across this. 14 pages of posts at the 350Z site.

It's called Crystal Guard and, at $50 a bottle, isn't for the faint hearted.

I've only read through about four pages of postings, but the Godzilla one really caught my attention (page 2 / posting date 3-22-03).

Now, I'm a diehard wash / clay / seal / wax fan - but this is a 4 hour ordeal on the Pilot.

What do you think?

My350Z Crystal Guard Thread

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use Poorboy's Polish. It's very easy to use, cleans and protects in one step. Easy on and easy off in all types of weather (i.e. hot, cold, humid, dry). I clean with the Waterless Wash and the 18"x36" microfiber towels he has. Click the link in my signature to access the website. Give Steve a call and tell him Gary in Texas sent you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Crystal guard!

I just ordered it today and I will try it once I get it. I will try it on my dads pilot and my two integras.:D :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Crystal guard!

kuago said:
I just ordered it today and I will try it once I get it. I will try it on my dads pilot and my two integras.:D :D
Wow, that was quick.

I finally got thru all 14 pages of the thread. I see that the local distributor finally posted detailed application instructions around page 12 (?). Also seems like prep is real important, namely stripping off the old wax and clay bar treatment to remove impurities from the paint.

Anyway, would be interested in your before and after pics as well as your sensory comments (how does it feel / look) and thoughts on how easy the product was to apply.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Crystal guard!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Crystal guard!

kuago said:
Kuago: any update on your use of this product?

From another forum it's reported that this discount coupon code CGFALLSPECIAL will get you 15% off on all products. Coupon is supposed to be good until 10/31.

·
Registered
106 Posts
CrstalGuard review?

Anyone have any review or experience on this Product yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Too much hype, not enough proof

I have serious doubts about this product.

I read 15 of the (now) 17 pages of the original thread on 350Z site. The main guy pimping this stuff is also selling it. A few others had glowing endorsements, but no proof. Skeptics made repeated requests for photos of the Crystal Guard applied to an older car to see if it really worked. The proof/photos never came. Others complained that you're paying a TON of money for 6 ounces of a product that promises the moon but offers no way to verify its superiority. I visited the Crystal Guard website and was not impressed with the company or its photo gallery.

My bottom line is that this product is either (a) way overpriced (b) way overhyped or (c) a total scam. I am eager to be proven wrong and I will consider the opinions of kuago or others if they actually do post some results with pictures (especially before/after or side-by-side treated/untreated panels).

Until such time, no way I'm buying.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been a fence sitter on this for a couple months now. I resurrected this thread because I stumbled across this thread on one of the BMW forums. This thread does have pictures of a Titanium Silver BMW and the reflection is impressive.

Hope Kuago still follows this forum and can update us on his experience.

BTW, for the $, it looks to be cheaper than Zaino.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The BMW thread linked in previous post has more credibility than the 350Z thread, whose main boosters are a guy who sells the product and a college kid who uses it.

Sounds to me as if CG isn't as smooth as a wax but the protective/sealant potential is very intriguing.

Glad you started this thread, sfhondapilot. I'll be keeping an eye out for any news.

·
Registered
224 Posts
sfhondapilot : Crystal guard update!

Crystal Guard rules! I just finish my bottle. After 5 application on my pilot, and two integras. One integra got sold. I post hte pic later. I just happen finishing the last bottle. Sorry SFPILOT. It easy application and worth it. Wash the car first with regular car wash, the rinse it. Apply the Crystal guard wash using a microfiber to the car, rinse it over then apply the Crystal guard quick with microfiber while the car is wet. Apply gently do not apply any force, just lightly to spread the wax over the entry car. the window, plastic molding, etc. Rinse the car over for the final wash then, use another microfiber cloth and wipe the car over with the chamois. Whala!

I am ordering again the kit for next season.:1:

Sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kuago,

Thank you for the update. So, did you think that the product was durable and produced a nice shine?

·
Registered
224 Posts
CG, durability and longivity!

I would say yes! I applied CG to my PILOT, three times since I got the CG it. My two integras one CG application only. The green-I SOLD IT, and Silver-still have it.

I just finished the last application to the PILOT (third Application) this weekend and it got more shinier than ever. Its very, very smooth and it gives more glow. MY integra is still bit shiny but the surface is bit dull, coz I have not wash it yet. I applied the CG this past April 05 coz I have the Eagle spray wet & wax before. The eagle only last for two weeks, depends on the weather..

The only issue I have in the CG. Is the spray assembly. I have a hard time spraying the bottle to the surface of the car. This is old version of the bottle. The spray tend to get stack and it tend to clogged the spray. I have to improvised a spray by using a used windex spray. I cut the hose to fit to the ht. of the bottle and tape the spray to the bottle. This makes it easier to spray or apply to the car.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
where did you buy it from and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: CG, durability and longivity!

kuago said:
I would say yes! I applied CG to my PILOT, three times since I got the CG it. My two integras one CG application only. The green-I SOLD IT, and Silver-still have it.

I just finished the last application to the PILOT (third Application) this weekend and it got more shinier than ever. Its very, very smooth and it gives more glow. MY integra is still bit shiny but the surface is bit dull, coz I have not wash it yet. I applied the CG this past April 05 coz I have the Eagle spray wet & wax before. The eagle only last for two weeks, depends on the weather..

Kuago,

Is it effective in removing "swirls"?

Let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
here the site I ordered it!

tangotango99 here is the site..

http://www.my350z.com/crystalguard/shop/customer/home.php

They have the new spray assembly with 6oz

CrystalGuard Maintenance Kit (Quick Application Kit). This is the one I got with a the old spray assembly. The price is a bit but its worth it.:eek: :eek:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts