Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car Spy spied on the Nissan Dunehawk concepts which I think is suppose to be the redesign for the Pathfinder for 2005. It will be a midsized, 3 row 4x4 SUV.

Check it out.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well, I'm not surprised the Nissan enthusiasts are all over it, but it doesn't exactly rock my world.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice Concept BUT

Having just traded off my Xterra for the Honda Stable, I feel that the vehicle looks like a re-issue of the Xterra style.

The Xterra is a nice looking vehicle generally speaking, yes some parts of it look down right hideous but overall it has a solid good look and feel to the body shape.

Utility in real world conditions is/was rather limited.

First two years of the model were bit raw.

A wait and see in my book.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nissan is really getting bold in their designs. I guess the population wants changes and concept looking cars. So far they have improved upon their sales with some of their futuristic vehicles.
Honda has always and will always be a very conservative company. Don't know if that is a good thing or bad but as long as it is reliable, I am all for it. This way the owners can personalize it by customizing it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Concept Cars

Often, when I see concept cars at auto shows, I ask myself 'why don't car manufacturers actually build and sell some of these concepts?'. The reason is, as much as a concept car makes people's heads spin, few people would actually buy one. Nissan is taking a big risk by pushing their designs into the "concept" realm with the Murano and the Quest. I don't personally like them, but I'm glad to see one manufacturer do something a bit radical. It could either pay off huge or bury them.

Not that I care either way. Whenever some one says "Nissan", I still hear "Datsun".:16:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I love what Nissan has done over the years. There isn't one car in their line-up that I don't think looks cool. To me, they have put the "fun" back into cars. I even think the Quest looks great and I hate vans. I loved the Murano, but it was too small for my needs. They are cutting edge but not too much to alienate all drivers. I have owned 3 Infinitis and never had one singe service problem. I say they should keep it up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think a more direct competitor will be the Highlander, when and if they put in the rumoured third row seat (supposedly 2004).

·
Registered
115 Posts
WalterMitty said:
I think a more direct competitor will be the Highlander, when and if they put in the rumoured third row seat (supposedly 2004).
Unless they "upsize" the Highlander, it will still be smaller than the Pilot and more expensive.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
gymeni said:

Looks EXPENSIVE.
dont worry they will sell it at MSRP - $10K

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just hope they do their homework and get it right out of the gate unlike the Xterra execution.

As mentioned earlier their revolutionary design concept process is a good thing but then there has to be substance and sound engineering behind it, not to mention thorough testing not just marketing hype and rough knockoffs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
Is this the car you were talking about? It says it seats 8...

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/FutureModelHomePage/0,3210,24843,00.html
These are 2 different vehicles. The one you referenced above is the "Pathfinder Armada" which is Nissan's full size SUV designed to compete w/ the Yukon XL, Ford Expedition, etc. Infiniti will also be producing their version - QX56? OTOH, the Dunehawk concept is a midsized SUV designed with 3 row seating like our Pilot.

Glen

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
GlenH said:

These are 2 different vehicles. The one you referenced above is the "Pathfinder Armada" which is Nissan's full size SUV designed to compete w/ the Yukon XL, Ford Expedition, etc. Infiniti will also be producing their version - QX56? OTOH, the Dunehawk concept is a midsized SUV designed with 3 row seating like our Pilot.

Glen

why not just put a third row in the murano....???

·
Registered
158 Posts
ramirami said:
why not just put a third row in the murano....???
The rear hatch on the Murano is way to curvy and angled to have any headroom with a 3rd bench. Furthermore, the Murano is supposed to be Nissan's cool looking SUV for those who would not ordinarily buy an SUV.

I think it's a good thing that Nissan offers more choices rather than less.

Glen

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wonder if the "Dunehawk" will have the "Screaming Chicken" on the hood like the old Trans Ams did? What is a Dunehawk anyway?:confused:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts