Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UsualIy i do my own auto work when i can but this time I took my 2006 Honda Pilot to Goodyear auto center. They have done good work before in the past. I had them replace my brake calipers. They were beginning to stick after 203,000 miles. They replaced break calipers, and break lines. The manager called and said the passenger side front and back calipers are still sticking after bleeding several times. He was at a loss and was waiting for a technician to come by to see where he might be missing something. He thinks there is an issue between the master cylinder and the break lines. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
UsualIy i do my own auto work when i can but this time I took my 2006 Honda Pilot to Goodyear auto center. They have done good work before in the past. I had them replace my brake calipers. They were beginning to stick after 203,000 miles. They replaced break calipers, and break lines. The manager called and said the passenger side front and back calipers are still sticking after bleeding several times. He was at a loss and was waiting for a technician to come by to see where he might be missing something. He thinks there is an issue between the master cylinder and the break lines. Any ideas?
I'd determine which one is sticking and return it for another.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's very easy to determine if it's the caliper or not. Pump up the brakes then go see if the caliper is stuck. If it's sticking, open the bleeder, still sticking=caliper issue, releases= hose, line, or master issue.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
They replaced break calipers, and break lines. The manager called and said the passenger side front and back calipers are still sticking after bleeding several times
Just some random ideas: installation error, defective rebuilt calipers, replacement brake lines could have air trapped in the system affecting MC and/or ABS unit etc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If the lines hold pressure as they're bleeding it then it's probably the caliper. If they lose pressure when holding the brake while bleeding then it's probably not the caliper. Unlubed caliper bolt pins can cause the stick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts