Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring. I need a new battery, and neither Walmart or Costco have the AGM battery that I need. Advance Auto Parts says a new battery would be $220. Die Hard Platinum 760 CCA. Is this reasonable or should I shop around? If so, where would you recommend? (It seems other national auto parts stores would be comparable in price but maybe not). I have no auto skills so won't be able to install it on my own.
TIA

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring. I need a new battery, and neither Walmart or Costco have the AGM battery that I need. Advance Auto Parts says a new battery would be $220. Die Hard Platinum 760 CCA. Is this reasonable or should I shop around? If so, where would you recommend? (It seems other national auto parts stores would be comparable in price but maybe not). I have no auto skills so won't be able to install it on my own.
TIA
Most any autoparts store, lIke Advance/ Autozone, will install the battery for you - free. It's an expensive battery FS.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
AutoZone $199.99. + $18 core
Duralast Platinum AGM Battery H6-AGM Group Size 48 760 CCA

Is your quote with or without the core charge? Your price sounds about right.

The best price I've found is Sam's Club

Reactions: The Todd and aggrex

·
Registered
239 Posts
Walmart does carry an H6 series EverStart Platinum AGM battery that may work in your vehicle. $155 locally in my area. If it is not in stock at your local stores, they may be able to verify it fits your model and order it, assuming you can wait. It has the advantage of carrying a 4 year warranty. Most batteries I've shopped these days only have 3 year warranties. If not the Sams Club battery would be my next choice.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
PepBoys presently has a Champion brand H6 size AGM battery for $209.99 - 25% off coupon = $157.49

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Walmart does carry an H6 series EverStart Platinum AGM battery that may work in your vehicle. $155 locally in my area. If it is not in stock at your local stores, they may be able to verify it fits your model and order it, assuming you can wait. It has the advantage of carrying a 4 year warranty. Most batteries I've shopped these days only have 3 year warranties. If not the Sams Club battery would be my next choice.
PepBoys presently has a Champion brand H6 size AGM battery for $209.99 - 25% off coupon = $157.49
All the Wal-Marts in my area are out of the AGM. So is my Sam's.
Pep Boys is a 760 CCA. That is a good option if in stock.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
AGM batteries can be shipped to your home.
RockAuto will ship this Exide AGM battery to me with no core charge for $168 after 5% discount code.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
According to the PepBoys site, availability at their store nearest me is shown as 'today'.
I'm assuming that it would be similar elsewhere - if there is a PepBoys near the OP.
If Pep Boys was near me, I'd do that.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
TIA
The dealership will give you a percent off based on months see your booklet , and it has a 8 year warranty mine was at 38 months so 60% off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts