Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife took my car (2003 Pilot) this morning to pick up my son. He wasn't ready so she turned off the car and waited. Unfortunately she didn't turn off the headlights. When he came out 45 minutes later the care wouldn't start, battery was dead. I tol her to wait 30 minutes and try it again. She did, it started. Since it recovered that quickly is it likely that the battery is ok? Or is it time to get a new batterry or at least have it checked? I don't remember how old the battery is. Thanks

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
How old is that battery?
Do you have an external charger you can use to recharge the battery so that the alternator won't be overworked?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wife took my car (2003 Pilot) this morning to pick up my son. He wasn't ready so she turned off the car and waited. Unfortunately she didn't turn off the headlights. When he came out 45 minutes later the care wouldn't start, battery was dead. I tol her to wait 30 minutes and try it again. She did, it started. Since it recovered that quickly is it likely that the battery is ok? Or is it time to get a new batterry or at least have it checked
There may be a sticker on the battery that could give you an idea of the age. Headlights have a significant draw and could easily drain a good battery. The fact that the battery recovered could be a good sign that the battery is still in decent shape. I bought my daughter a small lithium power bank because she has done the same thing leaving lights on and then calling me for assistance. With winter approaching getting the battery health checked out would be prudent.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Good advice here, whether you're in Columbus, Ohio as your location says, or even more if you're in Canada, as your flag indicates. It may be OK if...

• it tests OK
  • it's not too old
  • you have one of those lithium power banks as a backup just in case. I do.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I opted for the Big One.
Overkill.

This thing is amazing. Worth the money.

Reactions: The Todd and aggrex

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Was not planning to compare sizes but the one I picked up at Costco seems to be okay. Size matters but it’s the performance and that’s what she said.... View attachment 140972
This looks to be a more convenient size. 👍

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
You gotta jump start a lot of big rigs? Damn. I’ve been dragging my feet on the 1000A unit.. could have used it several times already, ugh, next paycheck I guess.
Amazon ran a prime deal with $89 off, I couldn't resist.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I got this baby a couple of years ago. I keep it plugged into the rear 12v "cigarette lighter" outlet. One advantage is that I've run a few extra USB phone charging cables to the second row to keep second row millennials happy. I'm still a little confused as to the actual capacity, but it did work to start some guy's bimmer he'd left parked at the airport a couple of winters ago.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
That's a nice little toy you have there.

However, this is a real jump start pack.

That's a nice little shinebox you have there.

However, this is a real jump start pack. :p

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
That's why they put it on wheels, isn't it? :ROFLMAO: Now go get your shinebox.😜

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
That's why they put it on wheels, isn't it? :ROFLMAO: Now go get your shinebox.😜
I'm so jelly for wheels.😲
What was I thinking?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts