Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011, Honda, Pilot, EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

new owner to an old (2011 lx) pilot. So far the resources here have been very helpful. I’m looking for help fixing/repairing/replacing the glass on the top display (mid?) of the center console displaying radio channel, ac info and temp.

There is a super annoying crack in the plastic cover. How hard is it to get to this unit and can I easily replace it with a unit off eBay or simply remove the plastic cover.

hope you can direct me to an existing topic about this (can’t find it) or some instructions.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
At this point due to the age of the vehicle I would suggest a salvage yard. Or you might try Carparts.com

·
Registered
2011, Honda, Pilot, EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point due to the age of the vehicle I would suggest a salvage yard. Or you might try Carparts.com
Thnx, the screens are not too hard to find so if they work it's all good by me. Is the replacement difficult? Has anyone documented the steps to do so before? From what I've found so far I'd need to take out the whole audio unit for the top screen to come out.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
I can't say for the 2011, but most vehicle displays are covered by a clear section that is part of the dash, not the head unit itself. You might do a search on youtube for the 2009-2011 Honda Pilot instructions on changing radio heads. That should show you the steps for removing the necessary dash components.

·
Registered
2011, Honda, Pilot, EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You might do a search on youtube for the 2009-2011 Honda Pilot instructions on changing radio heads. That should show you the steps for removing the necessary dash components.
All the video's I've seen just show the radio removal but hardly show the screen. Seems like this is an uncommon problem so I think I'll have to just take the radio out and see what happens. Do you know if the clear section (that's what's cracked) can just be removed, I'd be fine without it.
Thank you so much for the info so far!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts