152 Posts
I got a email from CarFax about 2 recalls pending as of 7/29/20:

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #Y7Y 2019-20 Multimodel Front Control Box
OTA Update Noncompliance

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #T89 2018-21 Multimodel Gauge Control
Module SW Update Noncompliance

Is this related to the firmware software update? Dealer says it's not but it sounded like they weren't sure about a firmware B1.3.4 being released yesterday either.
They said they need to use a "special Honda device" to update firmware and leave the car the entire day..
I got the same email from CarFax, I think I'm going to wait this one out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is this software update for all model years or just 2019?
Someone a couple posts ago said that their 2016 received their update (i assume accordingly to their signature). My 2020 also received the update!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
4 Posts
Update installed in about 15 minutes. All is working fine. Kind of annoying that all my saved destinations are erased. I wish I knew in advance that would happen and I could have at least taken a photo of them. Before it happens again, anyone know if there is a way to backup that info?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Flawless may be a bit too high a bar for these guys :)

I'll be very happy if I don't need to carry a keyboard in my pilot anymore in case my stupid radio won't power down after I've locked the doors and walked away...
Update installed in about 15 minutes. All is working fine. Kind of annoying that all my saved destinations are erased. I wish I knew in advance that would happen and I could have at least taken a photo of them. Before it happens again, anyone know if there is a way to backup that info?
You’d think they have a way to auto back up, esp since there is already a hard drive in our vehicle.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Never noticed it before, but after the update my guidelines when in Reverse appear to be mis-aligned. The one on the driver's side is about a foot to the left of where my tires actually are. I have a concrete relief line in the middle of my garage. When I park the Pilot with the left side tires on or just about on the stress line, the guidelines used to be pretty close to the line.

Now the line is pretty far to the left of the line on the garage floor. I've only parked the car twice since the update in the garage, so I will take a closer look at it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I just took the Pilot for a drive tonight and did the update. Going to make an appointment for Tuesday for the recall and to let them take another crack at the popping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just took the Pilot for a drive tonight and did the update. Going to make an appointment for Tuesday for the recall and to let them take another crack at the popping.
The update didn’t fix the popping or is something else making noises?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just a follow up about the guidelines on my Pilot after the update. I parked with the guideline on the stress line in the garage. I then measured the distance from the garage line to the tire and it was 10 inches. I then looked at and visually lined up the edge of the driver's outside mirror, and it was just about on the line visually. So the guideline is showing the width of the mirror, not the tires or side of the car.

Never noticed this before.

I now know where the guidelines are lining up and what they are using as an outside standard.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got a 2019 and attempted to do the update over my WiFi but it kept disconnecting. More than likely the distance between my WiFi hub and vehicle was far apart. I then used my phone as a hotspot. The entire process took a whopping hour!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a 2019 and attempted to do the update over my WiFi but it kept disconnecting. More than likely the distance between my WiFi hub and vehicle was far apart. I then used my phone as a hotspot. The entire process took a whopping hour!!!

You should have used USB update. much easier and straight forward

·
Registered
290 Posts
You should have used USB update. much easier and straight forward
Absolutely a lesson learned experience. I have not had any of the issues that folks have reported here with the infotainment system so I didn’t want to screw things up in the middle of the process. I estimated it would last 20 minutes at most but got there and wasn’t halfway. At that point, it was too late to abort and risk developing issues.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts
Took 16 minutes total time on a 2020 Passport Touring. My garage has good wifi connection so it only took 3 minutes to download the update. After that it gave me a good excuse to take a short drive on the highway to let the update finish and get a little highway time.
Keep us updated if you notice any issues after the software update. Thank you!
It's been almost a week since the update. No issues what so ever. Voice commands seem to respond quicker for both the system and for opening up Siri. Pleased so far. Tomorrow it goes to the dealership for the recall. They advised it is only a software up date that takes about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So if my pilot has not had any of the problems, will it really be okay to update? Are any others waiting a bit to see if it's really safe??

I don't see anywhere about fixing the erratic insane temperature on the dash, lol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So if my pilot has not had any of the problems, will it really be okay to update? Are any others waiting a bit to see if it's really safe??

I don't see anywhere about fixing the erratic insane temperature on the dash, lol.
I'm waiting to update it, but I haven't seen any issues with it, so I might update it next time I go out to drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed the Software Update this afternoon with Pilot in the garage using home Wi-Fi router about 50 feet away. Took 15 minutes start to finish. Odometer at 9,080 miles. Drove around the block after the update, and everything seemed OK. 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, production August, 2018, purchased January, 2019. Have not received official notifications of recalls yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you still using Windows 95?
Lol, actually w10pro. altho I really liked w7.

But we all know sometimes the first update isn't always 'ready for prime time', & those who wait get the repaired version....

21 - 39 of 39 Posts