Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Here is what I found on the Honda Owner's website regarding the update just released. I haven't done mine yet, just saw the message in the car on the way home this morning.

SOFTWARE VERSION B.1.3.4 NOTE For Navigation equipped trims, after updating to software version B.1.3.4, the Home Address, Saved, and Recent destinations will be erased. This software contains the following Bug Fixes • MOTO g6 phone causes system to freeze when receiving an incoming call and the Touch Screen does not respond. • Rear Camera response time is slow after shifting into Reverse during system boot up. • Rear Camera does not display when shifting into Reverse. • System does not shut down when the ignition is turned OFF and is accompanied by a pop sound and a Radio Unavailable message. • System does not boot up and the display is stuck on the Honda logo. • Display screen image is frozen and the Touch Screen does not respond. • Call information is missing on meter and top bar of the display when using an iPhone with iOS13. • Rear Camera split screen view is displayed when setting is set to full screen view. • Clock flickers in the top right corner of the Rear Camera display screen over the parking sensor image. • Unfortunately, Sirius XM has stopped message shows during an in-vehicle network interruption. • Incorrect distance to Point of Interest (POI) is displayed when using the voice recognition search method when there is no GPS signal reception. • Boot up animation does not show during system start up. • Disclaimer screen appears before the Anti-theft screen after the battery is disconnected and reconnected. • Factory Data Reset does not reset Rear Camera settings. • Display and Rear Camera stay off during a quick ignition cycle. Improvements • Parking guidelines will show when in split screen mode. • Implemented LaneWatch camera system error message when a failure is detected.

SOFTWARE VERSION NAVIGATION 2.06.02 NOTE This update applies only to trims with navigation. Bug Fixes • Unfortunately, Navigation has stopped message appears after performing a map update. • Unfortunately, Navigation has stopped message appears and route is cancelled before arriving at a destination from a myTrends route. • Navigation App black screen after a map update. • Arrive In field does not update properly when the destination is less than an hour away. • All waypoints are deleted when adding new waypoint if there are 7 or more stored in the route. • Go Home does not work when Home address is saved in the 51st space in the Search Places list. • Navigation app fails to launch after a Factory Data Reset. • Navigation route is canceled after adding the maximum thirty waypoints. • Navigation route does not resume after an ignition cycle. • Cannot calculate route message appears when setting up a route across state borders. • Unfortunately, Navigation has stopped message appears after pressing an empty search bar in the Select Search Area screen multiple times. • Traffic does not display on some zoom scales. Improvements • Increase font size for Location, Direction data fields. • Update to Banking / ATM icon. • Navigation App screen labels translated to selected system language. • Re-route banner timeout increased to 10 seconds for better viewing. • Notification message informing the driver that there may be a new map update available for the vehicle. • Added voice guidance when the road name changes, but the road continues to go straight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

These two happened to me:

Rear Camera does not display when shifting into Reverse.

System does not shut down when the ignition is turned OFF and is accompanied by a pop sound and a Radio Unavailable message. - This guy required the USB keyboard reboot/disconnecting the battery, so I'm glad it's finally addressed.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just did mine by leaving the car running and doing an over the air update. Took less than 15 minutes. Have to be careful because several times the radio came back on and I thought it was done. I waited and sure enough the update continued. Do not shut the car off until the screen says update installed. Step 6/6 took the longest and was where I thought it was done once or twice when the radio came back on.

I do have navigation so both updates were installed. Haven't driven since the update and don't know if I will notice anything different.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I received the update on my 2020 too. I haven’t had any issues with my infotainment so should I still install the update? Also do I need to stay at home with the car running so it can be connected to WiFi or can I drive around?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the download occurs first, so I don't believe you'll need wifi anymore after the update actually starts, but as noted above it 'reboots' a few times during the update so wait until the system finally says update completed, not just when the system appears to come back up.

I would always update software, the bug where the infotainment system stays on after the car is off is a real pain in the ass and I think both 2020 and 2019 are running the same software.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think the download occurs first, so I don't believe you'll need wifi anymore after the update actually starts, but as noted above it 'reboots' a few times during the update so wait until the system finally says update completed, not just when the system appears to come back up.

I would always update software, the bug where the infotainment system stays on after the car is off is a real pain in the ass and I think both 2020 and 2019 are running the same software.
Lol I’m always skeptical when I download updates on something because somehow I always get bugs and issues but my friends don’t. It took longer than a year for Honda to release this update so hopefully it’s flawless.

·
Registered
105 Posts
• Display and Rear Camera stay off during a quick ignition cycle. Improvements • Parking guidelines will show when in split screen mode. • Implemented LaneWatch camera system error message when a failure is detected.

What is a "split screen mode"?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol I’m always skeptical when I download updates on something because somehow I always get bugs and issues but my friends don’t. It took longer than a year for Honda to release this update so hopefully it’s flawless.
Flawless may be a bit too high a bar for these guys :)

I'll be very happy if I don't need to carry a keyboard in my pilot anymore in case my stupid radio won't power down after I've locked the doors and walked away...

·
Registered
297 Posts
• Display and Rear Camera stay off during a quick ignition cycle. Improvements • Parking guidelines will show when in split screen mode. • Implemented LaneWatch camera system error message when a failure is detected.

What is a "split screen mode"?
I think it’s when you have the parking sensor screen and the backup camera at the same time, but I already had dynamic guidelines in split screen so idk what they added lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it’s when you have the parking sensor screen and the backup camera at the same time, but I already had dynamic guidelines in split screen so idk what they added lol.
Got it. Thanks. I thought the split screen is something like back up screen + bird's eye view screen :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
I chose USB update with vehicle off so that I don't need to wait for the update to download and install.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts
Took 16 minutes total time on a 2020 Passport Touring. My garage has good wifi connection so it only took 3 minutes to download the update. After that it gave me a good excuse to take a short drive on the highway to let the update finish and get a little highway time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Keep us updated if you notice any issues after the software update. Thank you!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Took 16 minutes total time on a 2020 Passport Touring. My garage has good wifi connection so it only took 3 minutes to download the update. After that it gave me a good excuse to take a short drive on the highway to let the update finish and get a little highway time.
That's how mine worked. 3 minutes to download the update, then the rest of the time to install it.

I also believe the Honda Owner's site says to download the update even if you haven't noticed any problems. It makes sense to keep these "computers on wheels" updated with the latest software in my opinion.

Reactions: zmarke01

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a email from CarFax about 2 recalls pending as of 7/29/20:

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #Y7Y 2019-20 Multimodel Front Control Box
OTA Update Noncompliance

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #T89 2018-21 Multimodel Gauge Control
Module SW Update Noncompliance

Is this related to the firmware software update? Dealer says it's not but it sounded like they weren't sure about a firmware B1.3.4 being released yesterday either.
They said they need to use a "special Honda device" to update firmware and leave the car the entire day..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in Canada and successfully applied the update today. As others have stated, there are 2 updates in the one download. The system reboots itself twice so you need to let it go through until it states that the update is complete. It took me about 2 mins to download, 3 to prepare and then about 10 more to install. The update will completely erase things like your Home Address and if you have selected a personal icon for your vehicle in the nav screen.

After the update the system does seem faster and much more responsive.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts