Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought a new to me 2014 Pilot EX-L with just over 60k on Thursday, I come from mainly owning Chevy SUVs and trucks, im happy with the room and features, and even used the 4wd capabilities as i work on cell towers and the access roads can be a bit unruly. But I'm on a quest to make this thing less soccer mom and more my style, I've already ordered rain guards, a front bull bar, and trailer wiring harness. Now I have a shopping list full of parts like rear bumper protector roof rails cross bars and rack, some lights, amd possibly some rims to poke the tires out a bit and make the stance a bit more aggressive. I have a couple questions for the forums and other owners

1. Do they make a 3" lift kit that also has the sub frame spacers like they do for the Ridgeline, i can only find shock spacers and don't want to make the drivetrain geometry too out of whack?

2. What are the biggest tires I can fit stock in the wheel wells?

3. Does anyone make a real fender flare like the bushwhacker for the pilot?

4. Any good mods to get a bit more power and sound out of the vtec?

Thanks anyone that can help and hope to learn a bit about the platform on the forum

·
Registered
526 Posts
So i just bought a new to me 2014 Pilot EX-L with just over 60k on Thursday, I come from mainly owning Chevy SUVs and trucks, im happy with the room and features, and even used the 4wd capabilities as i work on cell towers and the access roads can be a bit unruly. But I'm on a quest to make this thing less soccer mom and more my style, I've already ordered rain guards, a front bull bar, and trailer wiring harness. Now I have a shopping list full of parts like rear bumper protector roof rails cross bars and rack, some lights, amd possibly some rims to poke the tires out a bit and make the stance a bit more aggressive. I have a couple questions for the forums and other owners
First, get rid of the pink paint job. :D
Black out the grille - truck bed liner will do
Black Rims ..

That's all you need :O

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, get rid of the pink paint job. :D
Black out the grille - truck bed liner will do
Black Rims ..

That's all you need :O
Lol, it's already silver, with chrome grille, im going with "chrome" accents for the bull bar and bumper protector, and I haven't decided on rims yet, thinking either polished 5 spoke or black 5 spoke. I dig those halo light housings, i had a set on my suburban

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you are going with Chrome trim do not go with black rims. Your rims should match your trim. Otherwise it looks imbalanced. If you could somehow blackout all of the chrome with something more durable than plasti-dip, then I think black rims with black trim would compliment the silver color of your Pilot nicely. Similar to how the new Passport is.

My tires/rims come near the edge of the fender opening and my tires/rims are wider than the OEM ones. My Pilot is on the left of this picture and if you look at what the tires look like on the Pilot to the right in regards to the rear mudflap, the tire stops and there is still some mudflap beyond it, visible on both sides, compared to mine on the left, where there is still tire beyond the edge of the mudflap. My pilot has a more muscular stance from behind and handles better without modifying the suspension or affecting its performance.

Just to give you some ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going with Chrome trim do not go with black rims. Your rims should match your trim. Otherwise it looks imbalanced. If you could somehow blackout all of the chrome with something more durable than plasti-dip, then I think black rims with black trim would compliment the silver color of your Pilot nicely. Similar to how the new Passport is.

My tires/rims come near the edge of the fender opening and my tires/rims are wider than the OEM ones. My Pilot is on the left of this picture and if you look at what the tires look like on the Pilot to the right in regards to the rear mudflap, the tire stops and there is still some mudflap beyond it, visible on both sides, compared to mine on the left, where there is still tire beyond the edge of the mudflap. My pilot has a more muscular stance from behind and handles better without modifying the suspension or affecting its performance.

Just to give you some ideas.

I haven't decided yet, need to see them to see if they will fit with the colors already on the pilot, there ks very little "chrome" just the grill and headlights and then the badging and the little bit above license plate, there is alot of black going around the whole bottom and when I get the roof rack it will be all black as well, but I am getting "chrome" side steps, its gonna be subtle to say the least

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
There's a stainless steel tape you can use to update the painted door bumper molding on down-trim versions. Pretty simple to add from the reports here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts