Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , new Honda Pilot EX-L with Navi owner here, bought it from an old friend who purchased a new model Pilot , it currently has 67k miles, runs good , haven't seen any issues, she also gave me most of it's most recent service history receipts. Also currently driving a Honda CR-V 2014 with 67k miles too and a 2018 Toyota RAV4 which is on lease which is set to expire soon. This car is intended to replace my family's Toyota RAV4 as we decided to purchase this instead of leasing another car as my father barely drives as is to it's not worth making a monthly payment + insurance anymore on a car. My first tank I averaged about 15 MPG, not sure if that is good or bad living in New York City, but it does remind me of a Mazda MPV 2001 we had back in the day and still better than a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder we also had. Even at 15 MPG nowhere near the 21-22 like the CR-V but came in knowing that is expected so not complaining! Looking forward to hearing any tips or tricks that I may not know about the car and looking forward to sharing my ownership experience with you guys. IMG_3254.JPEG IMG_3258.JPEG IMG_3403.JPEG

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

That mileage is cherry!

Take good care of it and it will pay dividends.

A few things to look at to help keep it going well can be found here:

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow 2005 Pilot owner. 15mpg city driving is within the realm of reason for the Pilot.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 215k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
55 Posts
Welcome! And we don't generally go above 4k rpm and in the city on my last fill up I averaged 14.4 on my 06.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, so far so good with the car already put over 400 miles in two weeks more than the previous owner in like two months haha! I purchased a cassette adapter for my phone and Bluetooth FM transmitter for it to play my music and Bluetooth calls, love it!

·
Registered
365 Posts
if your in the rust zone, I would do an underbody treatment, especially when the rear subframe mounts to the unibody. I use Eastman products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts