Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all 2004 Pilot Owners:

All 2003 Pilot owners are curious to how the horn sounds on your fine new Pilot. If someone could record a sample of the horn and post it here as a wave file or MP3 we would appreciate it. It would be simple if someone has a pocket PC or a Palm that has recording capabilities.

Thanking you in advance

·
Registered
483 Posts
BUMP!

I'm sure that there are many people (me included) who have not yet heard the '04 horn sound.

Thanx

EDR

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
michaelp95 said:
Attention all 2004 Pilot Owners:

All 2003 Pilot owners are curious to how the horn sounds on your fine new Pilot. If someone could record a sample of the horn and post it here as a wave file or MP3 we would appreciate it. It would be simple if someone has a pocket PC or a Palm that has recording capabilities.

Thanking you in advance
Here's the sound ...a camcorder was all I had at work at the time, so it is a Windows Media Audio/Video file. The horn was not pressed continuously, I didn't want everyone to think that I was crazy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Kind of a silly question, but is that different from the 2003 model? I can't say weather I've ever heard the horn on my 2003.

·
Registered
119 Posts
kinda sounds like a Chevy horn.............hmmmmm. Don't know if I am sad I don't have a 2004

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
01r1 said:
Kind of a silly question, but is that different from the 2003 model? I can't say weather I've ever heard the horn on my 2003.
Maybe Steve will reinstall his '03 horn, record it, post it to his website, and then here so that we can all hear the comparison?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks

I am glad that you all found the time to reply to my "pressing" question! :2:
Now I don't have to go to a Honda dealer just to hear the horn.

EDR

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Thanks

EDR said:
I am glad that you all found the time to reply to my "pressing" question! :2:
Now I don't have to go to a Honda dealer just to hear the horn.

EDR
I figured that I had the digital camcorder & digital camera handy, so why not!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Kinda sounds like my old Astro......what bad memories that brings back....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone with a spectrum analyzer that can tell us the component frequencies?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
robrecht said:
Maybe Steve will reinstall his '03 horn, record it, post it to his website, and then here so that we can all hear the comparison?
I'm having '04 horns installed tomorrow. As a final farewell, you can here the '03 horn sound - it's a quicktime movie file, here. :p

·
Registered
360 Posts
jay said:
I'm having '04 horns installed tomorrow. As a final farewell, you can here the '03 horn sound - it's a quicktime movie file, here. :p
Wow! The '03 horn isn't very well suited to the the way the Pilot looks at all (in my opinion). Now I don't mind my Chevy-sounding '04 horn too much. :) Thanks for posting that, Jay.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
robrecht said:
The '04 horn is much more manly!:roadtrip:
I have heard the 04 NAVI system is more womanly....

guess the pilot went in from hormoe therapy ;) :2: :2:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I installed '04 horns when I did the trans.p/s coolers and a definite improvement. Louder and deeper!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
gymeni said:
Wow! The '03 horn isn't very well suited to the the way the Pilot looks at all (in my opinion). Now I don't mind my Chevy-sounding '04 horn too much. :) Thanks for posting that, Jay.
Got my '04 horns installed today. Got a sassy undertone to it. I love the new sound. I may have to start making sure my doors are locked more often.:p

If anyone with '04 horns would rather have the '03s, I'll send 'em to you, just pay the shipping. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts