Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I'm looking out the window at my new baby as I type. She's an 04 in sagebrush pearl. I opted for an EX with cloth and no accessories from the dealer. I will add them on my own. I brought her home with 5 miles on the odometer. Where I live Pilots sell so quickly at msrp or higher that you've got to be quick. Mine had just come in that day and still had the white plastic skins on. The dealer did the detail and I took her home that night. I did not pre order but went thru costco. It will be the new family truckster.:4:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Congratulations

Congrats and welcome.... must say that you have chosen a perfect color.:)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
:needpics:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Which dealership did you make your purchase?

Congrats on your purchase and your excellent color choice.

·
Registered
608 Posts
what price were you able to get it for by going trough costco?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the pilot from honda of stevens creek in san jose. The costco price was was $29730 or 200 below msrp. I was able to get him to 500 below msrp. I sent out quote requests from salinas to sacramento and the best I could get from their internet departments was msrp. I see what other areas of the country are paying and feel like screaming but the san francisco bay area prices for everything are nuts. 87 octane gas costs 1.90 gal in my area. A modest tract home 30 years old is 500,000 minimum. I think I got a pretty good deal considering my limited negotiating skills. They thru in wheel locks and got me in and out quickly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
daddude said:
I bought the pilot from honda of stevens creek in san jose. The costco price was was $29730 or 200 below msrp. I was able to get him to 500 below msrp. I sent out quote requests from salinas to sacramento and the best I could get from their internet departments was msrp. I see what other areas of the country are paying and feel like screaming but the san francisco bay area prices for everything are nuts. 87 octane gas costs 1.90 gal in my area. A modest tract home 30 years old is 500,000 minimum. I think I got a pretty good deal considering my limited negotiating skills. They thru in wheel locks and got me in and out quickly.
Wow. My Costco price in Southeast Michigan was $2200 under MSRP. Amazing how Costco prices vary by model and region...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

One year later we are still very pleased with our purchase!

I have never found a better vehicle board than this one-this is a great group.

Happy Piloting.

·
Registered
608 Posts
honda of stevens creek :30:

i went there when looing for one. they kept pressuring and were more interested in trying getting a sale than helping me out. maybe the internet/fleet department is different. their dealership sure looks nice though :4: . ended up buying from los gatos honda. they were the only one with a cloth pilot in stock in the whole south bay :eek:. got my 2003 for $29,600 in july, with free (?) wheel locks. i didnt know it had them until delivery. hah.

$1.90 a gallon? where do you buy your gas? i went to the santa clara costco (SJ intl airport) and it was $1.76 regular, $1.83 premium <I>last</I> week. i dont know if it changed yet. that was really cheap considering other places were $1.99 for regular.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
daddude said:
I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I'm looking out the window at my new baby as I type. She's an 04 in sagebrush pearl. I opted for an EX with cloth and no accessories from the dealer. I will add them on my own. I brought her home with 5 miles on the odometer. Where I live Pilots sell so quickly at msrp or higher that you've got to be quick. Mine had just come in that day and still had the white plastic skins on. The dealer did the detail and I took her home that night. I did not pre order but went thru costco. It will be the new family truckster.:4:
Great color, great car! We should be taking delivery of ours on Monday if all goes well. You're lucky to live in a very cool area so don't sweat paying more. Don't worry, Be happy! :7:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts