Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Midnight blue Pilot with RES today. I'm extremely pleased with it. I bought it through costco for MSRP - $1000 from a dealer in Harrisburg. Anyone in philly area should check it out, only a $20 amtrak ticket. The 2nd row seat adjustments are exactly what I would have done to change the 03s. Now I really feel like I won't ever need a minivan.
However, I just learned the DVD RES won't play through the speakers. Since my oldest is only 2 1/2, headsets aren't that great. Any advice on how to get the sound through the car speakers. Also, how do you control the volume in the headsets? What do other people with toddlers do? (Assuming that you let toddlers watch DVDs, which I sometimes do) TIA:) :) :) :) :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
tguy47, there are a couple of posts out there on this subject. I bought a set of battery powered speakers from radio shack that plugs into on of the additional headphone jacks. Works like a charm. My 6 year old uses the wireless headphones and my 22 month old listens via the speakers. I just put the speakers on the floor behind the console. (small speakers 3-4" high). There is a small black wheel on the bottom of one of the ear pieces that controls the volume for the wirless headphones.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Do you have factory RES or dealer installed RES? If it's the latter, I suspect you only need to tune your radio to a particular frequency in order for the sound to play through the cars speakers. Call Tony (or Rob) at the dealer (assuming that's whom you dealt with).

If it's the former (factory installed RES), call Tony (or Rob) at the dealer (assuming that's whom you dealt with) and they should be able to explain how to do it. Otherwise, take it to the service department.

Good luck and congratualtions on your new '04 Midnight Blue!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tguy47 said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
However, I just learned the DVD RES won't play through the speakers. Since my oldest is only 2 1/2, headsets aren't that great. Any advice on how to get the sound through the car speakers.
[ S N I P P E D ]
tguy47: If you want the DVD sound through the car speakers, one thing to check is to make sure the FRONT display also says "DVD" on it:

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
kemo, I thought this option would only allow you to control your DVD (play, pause, etc....) from the front panel. I didn't think it would let you listen it to via the stereo speakers. Am I incorrect?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Kemo is correct

You have to make sure that you select DVD as the input source for the front speakers. When you do, the audio from the DVD will be directed to the speakers.

If you have an alternate input source for the front and DVD for the back, the DVD audio is only available thru the wireless / wired headphones.

That's the case with the factory installed RES.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sfhondapilot, thanks for the verification. Not that I ever doubted kemo. After all, he's kemo! :6: :6: This site never ceases to amaze me. I learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
kbusaf said:
sfhondapilot, thanks for the verification. Not that I ever doubted kemo. After all, he's kemo! :6: :6: This site never ceases to amaze me. I learn something new everyday!
kbusaf, kemo expects (and deservers) more than 2 worshippers--I only mention this so that you do not arouse his ire with insufficient adulation!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
robrecht said:
kbusaf, kemo expects (and deservers) more than 2 worshippers--I only mention this so that you do not arouse his ire with insufficient adulation!
robrecht, how right you are :4: Hopefully kemo is in the forgiving mood today?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
kbusaf said:
robrecht, how right you are :4: Hopefully kemo is in the forgiving mood today?
kbusaf: Glad you heeded robrecht's advice -- finally now, all is forgiven!!! :22: :jester: :15: :claphead:

·
Registered
84 Posts
tguy47 said:
Just picked up my Midnight blue Pilot with RES today. I'm extremely pleased with it. I bought it through costco for MSRP - $1000 from a dealer in Harrisburg.
Hi tguy47 - I live less than an hour from Harrisburg and would be interested in getting the name of the dealer you bought fom there. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
did you get a demo DVD?

My 04 EXL-RES came with a DVD that demoed how to use the audio and RES systems - I found it much easier than thumbing through the manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It works

I thought I read the manual, and I did watch the demo but I didn't get it. Thanks to Kemosabe, I'm able to get the sound through all the speakers!:)
The suggestion about plug in speakers for the back seat was also useful.

The dealer in Harrisburg was Faulkner Honda. I dealt with Mark Eager. I got the Costco MSRP - $1000 deal but I got the impression that anyone could get that or better, especially if they drive up from Philly. Everything was done by phone, accessories near cost (cargo cover for $114). It was very easy, I was picked up at the amtrak station and left with my car in about 1 hour. Obviously I didn't get a detailed tour but this forum is better than any dealer tour. The midnight blue is awesome!:) :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: It works

tguy47 said:
I thought I read the manual, and I did watch the demo but I didn't get it. Thanks to Kemosabe, I'm able to get the sound through all the speakers!:)
The suggestion about plug in speakers for the back seat was also useful.

The dealer in Harrisburg was Faulkner Honda. I dealt with Mark Eager. I got the Costco MSRP - $1000 deal but I got the impression that anyone could get that or better, especially if they drive up from Philly. Everything was done by phone, accessories near cost (cargo cover for $114). It was very easy, I was picked up at the amtrak station and left with my car in about 1 hour. Obviously I didn't get a detailed tour but this forum is better than any dealer tour. The midnight blue is awesome!:) :)
:needpics:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts