Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my parents bought a touring edition nighthawk black pilot *i think thats the colour i unno but its balck with sparkles* 2 weeks ago, and i was wondering if you guys know how to get a ground wire from the back trunk lid to any good ground place because my mom wanted one of those neon liscence plate frames for the back but i dont know where to put the ground wire i bought one like a week ago but it didnt work so i bought one yesterday and i dont know where to put the ground wire at can anyone help me??

thanks

ps: ill get pics of the new pilot soon :D :confused:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Does, licence plate screw work for you? Or just find the ground wire for plate lighting, should just next to the power wire.

And can your mom be even cooler than you? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timchen said:
Does, licence plate screw work for you? Or just find the ground wire for plate lighting, should just next to the power wire.

And can your mom be even cooler than you? :rolleyes:

lol shes just a small asian woman and im 12 and 5'7 haha :2:

back to the topic theres to wires on red and one black im guessing the red goes to a power source and the black goes to a ground but i dont know where to put the ground wire i tried the inside of the covering for the trunk lid thingy but that didnt work do you guys have any other ideas?

·
Registered
747 Posts
more clearly please

Are there three wires, or just two?

power (red) goto neon's power.
Ground (black) goes to neon's ground.

Is there another ground wire from neon? If so, you can make it around and contact licence plate's screw and that's your ground.

·
Registered
747 Posts
What do you mean power source? The cigarette lighter outlet? Or you get power from licence plate illuminater?

Both places have two polarities. The cig ligther hole has power in the center point and ground on surrending wall. The licence plate illuminater bulbs are powered by two wires, one power and one ground. I think you probably find some help to show you. It's easy, one you know it, it's in you forever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k so i got it to work and i know where all the two wires, now the hard part i dont know where to mount the control box i have an idea but i dont know how to take off the lid panel for the inside of that trunk lid thingy does any one got and pictures of where all the screws are?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
071490 said:
k so i got it to work and i know where all the two wires, now the hard part i dont know where to mount the control box i have an idea but i dont know how to take off the lid panel for the inside of that trunk lid thingy does any one got and pictures of where all the screws are?
This may help. Here are some diagrams for the tailgat & tailgate lining. At least if you break anything, you will know which part you need to replace.

·
Registered
747 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts