Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 07 pilot @ 331,500 miles with front end driver impact. The Wheel was pushed forward. I Replaced a bent strut and looked to be bent control arm with a new bar link. After done I had my turning radius but the wheel still needs to come back an inch and minor rub on hard turns. Sway bar looks bent not sure and steering and tie rods look fine. I have drove 3,000 since and have massive wear and have had to replace a tire once already. Both tires have what seems an even amount of negative camber based on my eyes and how it’s burning through 3/4 tread on the outside of the tires so the problem is affecting both and has seemed to get worse. My question is do I replace the sway bar. It’s logical to me because I believe the problem is both wheels. I will also replace the front driver tie rod during the fix. I also can not for the life of me find a how to video besides bar links or bushing. I need to know if you can finesse the sway bar out. Do I do it from the driver or pass. And do I need to drop strut or control arm to finesse it out of one side of the suv.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Alignment by a good alignment tech would be my first step. A bent CA probably means a lot of force occurred that might have affected the subframe assembly and suspension parts. @331k miles the front end components are probably worn out. A good shop should be able to determine whether the subframe is damaged or out of alignment. A disconnected sway bar could rule out that the SB is causing the neg camber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alignment by a good alignment tech would be my first step. A bent CA probably means a lot of force occurred that might have affected the subframe assembly and suspension parts. @331k miles the front end components are probably worn out. A good shop should be able to determine whether the subframe is damaged or out of alignment. A disconnected sway bar could rule out that the SB is causing the neg camber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I’m avoiding going to a shop even seeking a free inspection. The Sb is still connected to the sway bar links. I have replaced a majority of the suspension on the driver side. Maybe the hub housing is bent but I do understand how it would affect the passenger side I believe the only parts that connect each wheel are steering rack and sway bar all other parts are independent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts