Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Honda Pilot. Currently has the OEM suspension. I want it higher!! But all I can find is a measly 2 inch suspension lift. I wanna raise it at least 6". Any suggestions on where to look?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do NOT lift your pilot. Lift kit completely changes the geometry. If you like changing suspension and steering components, go for it. The changes facillitaed by the lift will stress the tie rods, drive axles and steering components. Don't want to ask how I know☹

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Check on the Ridgeline forums, see if anybody has gone that high over there and how they got to it.

In my experience, you will be looking at a custom subframe drop with strut spacers front and rear. The problem is you can't drop your front transmission/transfer case so you will need to keep them where they are, meaning your front CV axles will be at extreme angles. Then in the rear you either drop the rear diff with the subframe or keep it where it is, deciding whether you want the driveshaft or CV axles to be at extreme angles.

The 2" spacer lifts all put the CV axles at bad angles, their lifespan is shortened but usually not so much that people won't buy the kits.

I am not even touching the steering components yet... that's another system to deal with. Extended brake lines. Basically anything connected to the hubs.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Lift would wear your CV joints and boots faster. Pilot is still not an off-road vehicle, with the lift or without.

·
Administrator
15,524 Posts
Six?? Nobody has done that.
You’re stuck with two inches plus whatever you can get under the wheel arches for taller tires.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
844 Posts
Pilots aren’t really trucks or heavy duty cars. They’re good for what they are made to do but not much else.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Take a look at the CRV's I have seen them with 4-5" lift kits or close to it .. do your research and see how they did it. But seriously like myself and others here that would love to raise the Pilot up...there is not anything out there that is bolt on.. This would require 100% fabrication at this point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Long travel suspension, fox 2.0 shocks with RCV axles would be the only functional direction. Fender flares would then be the topic for discussion afterwards. Would be a pretty sick set up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts