Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New member, first post.

I'm looking into purchasing a set of 18" aftermarket wheels for my '20 EX-L. The specs are 18x9.5" ET38.

I've asked a couple of people from the 3rd Gen Pilot Discussion on FB who have "similar" sizes (18x8 ET30), but I'm wondering if I can use the wider wheel on the Pilot with 265/60/18 all-terrain tires without any rubbing. I will be on stock suspension.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I’ve seen people who put 255’s on their pilot(or were really considering it) but not really 265’s. Also if you don’t need the extra width, why get a wider tire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside from the fact that 265's are the proper specs for 9.5" wide wheels, I also like the look of how meaty it is.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
265-60-18 on stock rims fits with no rubbing. Many have done it here and on Ridgeline owners club. If you get a real meaty version it might rub slightly at full lock. Some said the different offset leads to rub as it changes where it pivots. I forgot the term but it's been discussed here.

This is what 265-65-18 Michelin Defender LTX M/S looks like on factory ridgeline rims. Not as aggressive but works for all I need and better than the Dueler sport tires. I wanted the looks of something like BFG All Terrain, Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and others but sale prices on Michelin LTX and experience with them they are what fits my 99% use .

265-65-18

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
265-60-18 on stock rims fits with no rubbing. Many have done it here and on Ridgeline owners club. If you get a real meaty version it might rub slightly at full lock. Some said the different offset leads to rub as it changes where it pivots. I forgot the term but it's been discussed here.

This is what 265-65-18 Michelin Defender LTX M/S looks like on factory ridgeline rims. Not as aggressive but works for all I need and better than the Dueler sport tires. I wanted the looks of something like BFG All Terrain, Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and others but sale prices on Michelin LTX and experience with them they are what fits my 99% use .

265-65-18
Thank you for that. I was thinking of mounting all-terrains on a 9.5" wide wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,283 Posts
OEM vs what you are looking at doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts