Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bone head! I have a 2009 honda pilot. While attempting a atf fluid drain and refill, I may have pulled the wrong drain bolt. I don't know what i drained. I have found the correct atf drain bolt on the passenger side of the transmission. Is there another some sort of drain bolt on the driver side of the transmission which is what i drained. It was red fluid seemed to be atf fluid. But when checking the dipstick it is 3/4 up the stick well above the 2 lines. Again the bolt i pulled was on the driver side of the transmission basically it was accessible from the wheel well, I took it off with the square ratchet head. I have also located the front diff and it is not that. URGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the more i think, also had another set of eyes come look and we both think its another drain bolt higher up on the transmission, pretty sure it was atf fluid that drained out.
Anyone else know of another type of drain bolt on the transmission?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I’ve seen that bolt. Never took it off though. Are you sure ther wasn’t anything else behind it, like a spring or other part that may have fallen out?

If nothing fell out, I’d just put the plug back in, drain from the correct spot and refill as necessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no spring that i found. I am going in the am to pick up new fluid. I will drain from the correct one this time..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts