Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Adjustment will be explained in the instructions. The stem that holds the LED chips needs to be exactly vertical after the bulb is screwed/seated into the socket. Exactly vertical means the LED chips are in the 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock position after the bulbs are screwed/seated into the socket. Adjustment is easy, just follow the instructions.

There’s no horizontal aiming adjustment, only vertical aiming. The Gen 3 Pilot headlight adjustment is thru the left/right round holes in the plastic front cover. The holes are clearly marked “U” “D” up/down. You need a long Phillips head screwdriver.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
amazon.com, then Fahren LED headlights in the search bar. Follow the alignment instructions of whatever brand of headlights you chose/order. If you don’t like them, return them following Amazon’s return instructions.
So, in as many words, Amazon.com : Fahren LED headlights

Secondly, what part of the country do you live. If it is a warm climate then all well and good. LED's have a significant draw back in cold/snowy climates being......

LED bulbs do not heat up enough to keep snow and ice melted off the lens. A good shot of WD40 on the lens helps keep the snow and ice from adhering. Just make sure to wash it off as soon as possible. Not sure what WD40 would do to the paint and plastics but I don't want a practical example happening on my vehicle either.

Being in the snow belt, and often belted by snow...

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,033 Posts
Does this help? I see now the Fahren H11 now has over 20,000 ratings/reviews and 4.5 stars overall. I'm not a Fahren fanboy.....just picked/took pot luck on a LED headlight with a high number of favorable reviews.

I just installed the bulbs on my 2008. The cut off seems just the same as the halogen bulbs. I will do a little bit more adjusting so they are exactly at 9 and 3 o’clock tomorrow. I am eager to see how they perform tonight.

As far as the snow goes, thankfully I don’t have to worry about that crap in GA.

·
Registered
532 Posts
We’ve got a mild snow dusting on the ground right now......about 4”. No plans to get out in it today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Doing this helped me.......make a mark on the backside of the bulb when the chips are located at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. After screwing the bulb back into it's socket, the mark should be at the very top. If not, make the adjustment using the Allen wrench supplied. When the chips are perfectly aligned, the light cut-off line will be perfectly horizontal/flat. Shining the lights on something like a garage door with horizontal lines/patterns also helps.

Attachments

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just changed all my lights inside and out, what a difference. Here is the list of all the replacement bulbs.

Headlight Low WhiteH11
Headlight High /Running Lite White9005
Fog light WhiteH11
License Lite White194
Door Lite White194
Dome Lite White194
High Stop Lite Red194
Back-up Lite White921
Brake Lite Red7443
Map Lite WhiteDE3175
Side Markers Front Amber194
Side Markers Back Red194
Tail Lite Red7443
Cargo WhiteDE3175
Turn Signal Front Switchback W/A3457
Turn Signal Rear Red7443
Vanity Mirror White6615F

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shaggy hair/beard, t-shirt, cap on backwards......doesn’t look like (to me) an expert/professional.🤷‍♂️
haha, did you read the article? first that was a picture of the guy from 5 years ago referencing an older article he wrote about LED lights. and the expert is this guy - Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

if someone wants to waste their time and money swapping, testing, adjusting, returning all these different products based on other people's biased 4 and 5 star reviews that's on them, I won't try to stop them, its their time and money not mine

·
Registered
532 Posts
Since it's a free country, it's my time, my money and there's 20K+ SOBs out there lying about the satisfaction......why do you go out of your way to post so negative? Hope you find something better to do and your day gets better. ;) I wasn't on this forum 5 years ago.

Nineteen year old BS prepared AND APPROVED by the same person. Now that's impressive. I'm boxing up/returning to Amazon the LED headlights, that I find AMAZING, as I type........NOT! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just changed all my lights inside and out, what a difference. Here is the list of all the replacement bulbs.

Headlight Low WhiteH11
Headlight High /Running Lite White9005
Fog light WhiteH11
License Lite White194
Door Lite White194
Dome Lite White194
High Stop Lite Red194
Back-up Lite White921
Brake Lite Red7443
Map Lite WhiteDE3175
Side Markers Front Amber194
Side Markers Back Red194
Tail Lite Red7443
Cargo WhiteDE3175
Turn Signal Front Switchback W/A3457
Turn Signal Rear Red7443
Vanity Mirror White6615F
Thanks for posting the list. I didn't see anything in your profile or sig, what year/model do you have (do they fit)?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,033 Posts
Since it's a free country, it's my time, my money and there's 20K+ SOBs out there lying about the satisfaction......why do you go out of your way to post so negative? Hope you find something better to do and your day gets better. ;) I wasn't on this forum 5 years ago.

Nineteen year old BS prepared AND APPROVED by the same person. Now that's impressive. I'm boxing up/returning to Amazon the LED headlights, that I find AMAZING, as I type........NOT! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
Fahren just got another 5 star review from me. I can't wait to swap out the fog lights too because WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The cutoff is perfect (exactly like the stock halogen bulbs). I drove all over the city tonight and not once was flashed by oncoming traffic. I've been considering this upgrade for a while now but your recommendation gave me the nudge I needed. Thank you!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fahren just got another 5 star review from me. I can't wait to swap out the fog lights too because WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The cutoff is perfect (exactly like the stock halogen bulbs). I drove all over the city tonight and not once was flashed by oncoming traffic. I've been considering this upgrade for a while now but your recommendation gave me the nudge I needed. Thank you!
Glad you are liking your new LED headlights. Sounds like you also agree with "seeing is believing". Fog lights will be next for me as well.

I'll be honest with you......I was a hold out myself. But when I noticed I had a burned out OE halogen, I decided to replace with a Silver Star Ultra(s) halogen. After seeing the Ultras were a little more expensive than LEDs, I was holding out on, I thought I would take a giant leap off the deep end and try LED headlights for three reasons.......cheaper, a bunch of favorable reviews from so-called biased people (what a joke) and Amazon's excellent return policy. I don't think I ever said anything about recommending the Fahren brand LED.......I just said that was the brand I decided to try based on the three reasons above.🤷‍♂️

I'm sure $200 LEDs from Daniel Stern Lighting have to be far better......because they are far more expensive. Everybody knows (except me) if it costs more, it's just better......it has to be. ;)🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I'm very satisfied with doing the LED conversion and still say the before/after results are......AMAZING.

Reactions: Jack Vogt

·
Registered
599 Posts
Glad you are liking your new LED headlights. Sounds like you also agree with "seeing is believing". Fog lights will be next for me as well.

I'll be honest with you......I was a hold out myself. But when I noticed I had a burned out OE halogen, I decided to replace with a Silver Star Ultra(s) halogen. After seeing the Ultras were a little more expensive than LEDs, I was holding out on, I thought I would take a giant leap off the deep end and try LED headlights for three reasons.......cheaper, a bunch of favorable reviews from so-called biased people (what a joke) and Amazon's excellent return policy. I don't think I ever said anything about recommending the Fahren brand LED.......I just said that was the brand I decided to try based on the three reasons above.🤷‍♂️

I'm sure $200 LEDs from Daniel Stern Lighting have to be far better......because they are far more expensive. Everybody knows (except me) if it costs more, it's just better......it has to be. ;)🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I'm very satisfied with doing the LED conversion and still say the before/after results are......AMAZING.
Glad to hear of your successful venture into DIY LEDLand!

BTW, I read an article by Daniel Stern that I sucker-clicked here and had a hard time accepting some, if not most, of his "expert" opinions on why LEDs aren't an upgrade. I hate it when people with high opinions of themselves try to razzle-dazzle those they think beneath them, which is everyone they're talking to, with their "expert" BS.

It doesn't matter what the physics of photon scattering are with reflected light ... lenses and mirrors act differently. Has the genius never heard of a corner cube (tri-axial mirror) used to align and boresight lasers? No we don't do it with lenses.

Ultimately, you only need to believe your lying eyes. If it looks brighter to you (based on your eyes) ... then, by definition, it IS BRIGHTER. Black body radiation (color intensity detection) is different than reflected light. There's no hocus pocus to this. If you see better with LEDs and oncoming traffic doesn't flash you with their high beams. You know all you need to about the LEDs you bought and installed. If you want to get light meters and map the hot spot, vertical scatter, horizontal muffler bearing alignment and photon acceleration vectors ... go for it. Hopefully the bulb manufacturer has done all that already.

Bottom line, if the led configuration, size and position, closely resemble the filament in the OEM bulb, then you're good to go. Differences exist from bulb to bulb in the OEM filament's length, so if you check for cutoff height on a vertical wall or garage door and it matches the OEM pattern ... guess what?

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Ya know, I'm beginning to accept that LEDs have made significant progress in recent years. I may just give them a try. Fahren, you say?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will projector housings from a 2008 EXL fit a 2005? Assuming so, obtain newer housings and install some LED bulbs. I'm running these on my 2008 EXL with factory projector housings, and I'm quite happy with them.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Will projector housings from a 2008 EXL fit a 2005?
Believe they do indeed, and it was a popular mod when the 1st gen refresh happened.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX-L
38 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX-L
38 Posts
I had good luck with these on my 05 pilot. I just turned the screws on the headlight enclosures to aim them down. No complaints from other drivers. The difference between conventional bulbs and these is like night and day.

BEAMTECH H4 LED Bulb, 50W 6500K Extremely Brigh (9003) CSP Chips Conversion Kit Fanless Cool White All In One Plug N Play Replacement Low Fog Light

And I love these backup lights...
JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 2000 Lumens 360-Degree Shine 921 912 90-EX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White

21 - 40 of 44 Posts