Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Honda Customer Relations today about the bizarre Windo Wiring Scheme in the Pilot. It is my opinion that the window control in the driver location when set to "On" should allow everyone to control their windows and when set to"Off" allow ONLY THE DRIVER to control EACH window.

If you haven't noticed yet (Because you must live in the Artic North if you haven't) right now your Pilot Driver Window Control switch when set to "Off" turns every window off except the drivers and the driver can't even control the windows. This is a night mare with kids because you cant control their windows in the back without playing the "quick switch it on and off" game.

Honda Customer relations says if they get enough complaints they can possibly inact a retroactive modification. I would liketo send in the posters names to them or else pick up the phone and call. THey said each phone call represents another 5-10 people who feel the same way but dont call. Their number is..
1-800-999-1009. Otherwise I love my Pilot!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Seems like a honda thing

My CR-V is teh same way.
I hate it when the kids are in the back and my wife is up front.
I love it when one of the kids is up front.

Hmm, maybe we need a three position switch :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I hear ya

I have the same issue with the controls. I was parked with my radio on, key in the ignition. My son was playing with the windows in the back, in the rain, so I shut them off. To my dismay, I was locked out of window control too. I quickly switched them back to the on position, and they were still locked. Not until I turned my key to accessories, did the window controls work again. Of course by then, the 3 year old had found them too. Is this something it's supposed to do? There are so many computer functions to this vehicle that I've yet to completely master, but that seems just wrong to me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree, but our Highlander does the same thing too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think it would be a good idea if they could make it so the driver would still have control. I don't have kids but I have friends that like to roll the window down when its 15 degrees out.

If there is an easy way for Honda to change this I would be all for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts