Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

After looking at a bunch of cars and minivans, I am officially in the market for a Pilot. While the Pilot is towards the higher end of what we are able to pay, it really offers the best combination of size, value and style.

That said, I'm willing to do whatever I can to get a good deal ($28k max out the door). So, here are some questions:

1. I'd like to hear from some LX owners. Are you happy with your purchase? With hindsight being 20/20, would you still buy the LX or would you have held out for an EX? How does the LX interior hold up (same cloth as EX?)? Does the LX have climate controls for the middle row seats?

2. I'm in the Baltimore/Washington area. Any recommendations for dealers? Would I be better off doing a road trip? If so, where? I'm willing to travel a little bit. After all, a road trip in my new car doesn't sound too bad at all!! :4:

3. Back to the LX issue...are dealers willing to offer better deals on LX or EX models?

Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Fred

·
Registered
39 Posts
fnj said:

That said, I'm willing to do whatever I can to get a good deal ($28k max out the door). So, here are some questions:

1. I'd like to hear from some LX owners. Are you happy with your purchase? With hindsight being 20/20, would you still buy the LX or would you have held out for an EX? How does the LX interior hold up (same cloth as EX?)? Does the LX have climate controls for the middle row seats?

2. I'm in the Baltimore/Washington area. Any recommendations for dealers? Would I be better off doing a road trip? If so, where? I'm willing to travel a little bit. After all, a road trip in my new car doesn't sound too bad at all!! :4:

3. Back to the LX issue...are dealers willing to offer better deals on LX or EX models?

Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Fred

I have a Sage LX and I love it...I do nto have the EX but, woithout the benefit of experience I tell you I do not miss it! The cloth may not be exactly the same as EX but I am very satisfied with it (it is a different color shading I think but I cannot vough for quality, only that I have no problems with it).

I guess it depends on you and which options you need. the LX does have climate control for 2nd row...it is not automatic though.

I guess the only thing I myself miss about the EX is tinted windows, but I am thinking of having my LX windows tinted aftermarket.

The price is what swayed me too. i too was pushing the boundires of what I wanted to spend. I ended up with my LX for 25K + tax & title. 26,400 out the door (taxes really suck!). And they had to order it for me. Took 3 weeks, but thats OK. LX's are HARD to find it seems.

That was in ohio. Other people have mentioned getting the best prices in ohio as well, so FWIW.

If you have any other questions let me know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts