Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that there is very little to protect the A/C and regular radiator on the Pilot. The grill opening is very large and I don't think the area is protected nearly enough. One stone through there and you could be looking at a radiator repair bill. Having said that, I am looking for two things: 1. Am I being overly paranoid or do others agree with me and; 2. Has anyone done anything about it? I am thinking of getting some screening and applying inside the grill but before the radiator. Do you think this will reduce the airflow to such a point to cause overheating? Maybe I should just forget it and go get a beer.:confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think your being overly paranoid but you could probably put a screen behind the grill with out reducing airflow. Many bras for cars have a mesh screen that goes in front of the grill so a screen behind the grill would be no different. You also have to realize that most cooling systems are over sized so a slight reduction would have little effect.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey lamuncha... not to drift here but did you ever get rid of the critters and their stash?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mouses

Well Sage I'm not sure. I did fill a lot of spaces with bunched up aluminum screen and took out a bunch rubber flaps and replaced them with sheet metal. Under the windshield I removed the plastic screen and there are these rubber flaps apparently where Mr. Mouse has been getting in. I supose they are there to allow air in if the top is blocked with snow.
Any way they are solid now.
Just to complicate things I also park it in the gerage. So I hope it's done.
A walk in the park compared to Bpilot though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ain't that the truth...

Glad to hear problem "solved". ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts