Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know many people have gotten codes like "P0847" which indicates which Clutch Transmission fluid Pressure Switch to change, but in my case my Pilot is not triggering a check engine light or any other codes. The D3 is flashing or some times just staying lit as if I had pushed the overdrive button on the gear shifter. The transmission is losing power and coming back on like you would turn on and off a light switch. It happens randomly but generally happens after driving for a little while.

I know there are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Clutch Transmission fluid Pressure Switches, but I have know idea which one is bad, I do think it is one of them. Does anyone know if one is more common then the others to fail, I am thinking of changing out the 3rd Clutch Transmission fluid pressure switch because the D3 is flashing, but without any code to go by, I am just guessing.

Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
There was a method to blink the trouble codes on the dash for first gen Pilots. You might investigate if this exists for second gen Pilots. In addition you may need to use a code reader which supports Honda specific codes. And welcome to the forum.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, I did try the method of jumping the pin's, and no codes were displayed. My bluedriver obd2 scanner also returned no codes as did Autozone reader. I made sure I bought a Genuine Honda 28610-R36-004 Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch. I will see what happens when I change it, I'm not too worried, my vehicle has 214,000 miles and still running like a champ.
Yea Honda!!!
Kind Regards

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Good call on getting an OEM pressure switch. Others who have gone with aftermarket have had issues and eventually had to get an OEM switch. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was correct. I replaced the 3rd Clutch Transmission fluid pressure switch and issue is resolved.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Glad to hear the pressure switch resolved the issue.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,299 Posts
I am thinking of changing out the 3rd Clutch Transmission fluid pressure switch because the D3 is flashing, but without any code to go by, I am just guessing.
Duly noted for our knowledge base. It's a great feeling when you call it the first time around. (y)

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Did you read the code with a generic scan tool? Or does yours support Honda specific codes? When my D flashed my Honda specific scan tool reported a code related to the pressure switch. I didn’t try to read the code in “generic scan” mode using my scan tool.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pilot never triggered a code. I scanned a variety of ways. Just the random D3 coming on causing it to only go up to 3rd gear. Glad it's gone. 214,000 runs like new.,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts