Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy i am looking to purchase used Honda pilot now i am driving gmc Acadia 2013 and its giving me issues with transmission. I been deciding between Honda and Toyota sienna 3 kids and all (don't want a van) have decided on pilot. At local dealership there is used 2015 Honda Pilot Touring with 57,535 km or 35,750 miles can you tell me if this is a good deal they are asking 35k Canadian all included what else should i be looking for or asking for timing belt water pump change?

Thanks you for your help any info is appreciated

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,931 Posts
Not much needs to be changed on a four year old Pilot with 36k miles on it. Take a look at the 2005 maintenance schedule (last year before maintenance minder system) to get an idea of the maintenance interval. Get proof of what maintenance was performed. Check Craigslist or equivalent to get an idea of pricing. Take it for a test drive and if you’re still interested take it to your trusted mechanic for an inspection.

Reactions: HarryBHai

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This low mileage is hard to come by but did you check Auto Trader for comparable vehicles? Subtract $2000 from any dealer prices and that would give you a realistic going price for this vehicle. It can be "above the market" if it is in exceptional condition for the year. Pull Carfax and if any accidents, subtract $1000 per accident. Stay away from the vehicles which have tire tread picture in the ad - that means the car is out of alignment. Stay away from the vehicles with brand new tires as it means the same thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dunno I’ve had my 2016 pilot touring since 2016. Warranty covered water pump , relay kept making pop noises through tweeters they fixed that. Otherwise few issues keeping the leather clipped on the underside of multiple seats. Just make sure you get some sort of extended warranty these cars are a pain in the ass for ironing out the kinks. Also be aware the stereo face gets scratched easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts