Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It doesn't appear Honda sells those screws (bolts) separately, only the complete assembly.

Search Results | Majestic Honda Automotive Parts

Maybe you can try going to a good hardware store with one of your old ones to find a match for length, diameter and thread pitch.

Edit: Kudos to @road2cycle for finding them. (y)
Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps #39 in the diagram.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It doesn't appear Honda sells those screws (bolts) separately, only the complete assembly.

Search Results | Majestic Honda Automotive Parts

Maybe you can try going to a good hardware store with one of your old ones to find a match for length, diameter and thread pitch.
So any further info of screws that I should know? After checking a few forum that shows the dialock diagram, it says M6-1.0 Not sure what it means.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
Normally screws/bolts are specified by diameter-pitch (and sometimes length). So the screw you listed would be 6mm diameter (measured across the threads) with a pitch of 1mm (meaning if you tightened the screw 360 degrees it would go in 1mm deep).

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I had stripped the screws that mounted to door frame that holding the door lock assembly
If the holes are stripped/damaged I would run a small tap making new threads one size up preferably with standard threads unless you want metric threads.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
501 Posts
If the holes are stripped/damaged I would run a small tap making new threads one size up preferably with standard threads unless you want metric threads.
I think he meant the screw heads were stripped, not the threads. The heads of all 12 factory screws stripped when I removed my door actuators this spring. I had to drill every one of them out, so I replaced them with the above-mentioned screws, and put antiseize on them to prevent them from sticking next time. They also have hex-heads instead of Philips head, so hopefully I can get more torque with them if needed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wonder if it's a good rule-of-thumb to take an impact driver to old Phillips screws when removing them to prevent stripping.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
Both good points above for anyone about to do door actuators.
  • Impact driver?
  • Antiseive?
  • Order replacement screws in advance?

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
501 Posts
I wonder if it's a good rule-of-thumb to take an impact driver to old Phillips screws when removing them to prevent stripping.
I tried both an electric impact driver and a hammer-actuated impact driver, and both of them stripped the heads. I think the metal of the original screws was just too soft and also had rust/corrosion on part of the threads when I finally got them out, so I think they just used inferior metal on the screws, coupled with 17 years of rust from being located in the door.

But I'd recommend people get some screws ahead of time in case they end up drilling them out and then you have no way to reinstall the lock mechanism and shut your door until you get the new ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts