Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently-purchased pre-owned 2015 Touring has this XR Plus antenna at the top right corner of the windshield. Carmax could only tell me that it’s either for an alarm system or a remote starter, neither of which I’m really interested in keeping. I only received one Honda key fob, so I was hoping someone here might be able to assist.

I’ve looked around in the engine compartment for any kind of alarm components that I could identify, but I’m not seeing anything. I’m attaching some photos of the antenna and some shots looking under the dash and around the fusebox in case anyone is able to identify anything under there that might be either remote start or alarm-related. Thanks, y’all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did notice this... could be an indication of something that was once installed and removed before the previous owner sold.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks like a Viper remote start antenna.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rocky and Sluggo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following up... I was able to finally figure out that whatever the antenna leads went to, it has been removed prior to sale. After crawling around under the dash, I found the cut wires just barely visible, sticking out from under a wiring harness they had been zip tied to. Once the zip tie was cut, the wires pulled up and out the top of the pillar, and the antenna was removed from the windshield. Happy slappy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts