Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new for today. I bought My car HondaPilot EX-L 2016 3.5L. 89k miles.The Emissions system problem showed up.
I just came to Honda Dealer and they recommend to replace fuel injectors $1600.
I didn’t have enough money and went home.
My friend -GM mechanic has diagnosed and code P0430-Catalyst Under Threshold Bank 2 popped up. My friend did something and the light turned off. He asked me to bring the code to Muffler shop and “Direct Fit Converter 33020” has been purchased as $550. However, only 3 days after that,” Emissions System Problem” showed up And “ P0430- CATALYST UNDER THRESHOLD BANK 2” has been leased after diagnosing.
I really don’t know what to do.
Can you give me some advice????

·
Registered
446 Posts
Its not the catalyst, the injectors need to be replaced. You can try contacting American Honda and see if the will cover any of the repair. You need to try with them first before you have the dealer do the repairs. Honda will not reimburse the full amount afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure about the Honda service bulletins, but there is one for Acura. Bulletin B17-034.

SYMPTOM The MIL comes on with DTC P0430 (front bank catalyst system efficiency below threshold [Bank 2]).

PROBABLE CAUSE The PCM software may misinterpret sensor inputs as a deteriorated catalytic converter.

CORRECTIVE ACTION Update the PGM-FI software and confirm the 9AT software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts