Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have gmc Acadia 2013 transmission is giving me issues so i am looking to get rid of it before it goes out. I always loved how pilot looks like 2015 and down. I am looking at 2015 pilot touring but it has 169,513 km they are asking $21,900 Canadian it look in good shape but my question is should i buy it is this high for pilot when it comes to miles? and if i decide to purchase it what should i look at at those miles. i have inclided some image of the car

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Given model, year, converted mileage, currency conversion AND assuming very good condition, the price they want is close to trade in value (+$1000). But you should try to bring the price down a bit. How is buying US car and then bringing it to Can? Not sure on customs but you will definetely have much better choice and price point.

In addition, you don’t know how the previous owner drove it and how it was maintained. 100k miles is not easy on any car.
You would have to assume:
1. Immediate change of all fluids (motor oil, transmission, brake fluid, steering fluid, VTM, transfer case and coolant).
2. Brakes and rotors
3. Timing belt.
4. Tires
5. General engine tuneup.

If you are DIY or don’t have honest mechanic then I see additional 3,000 - 4,000 Canadian dollars in expense (Timing belt and tires would have the biggest impact).

Check the car throughout for “paint work”. I assume you saw carfax already. You need to check the car everywhere for paint thickness. If you are already paying $16-$17K for the car then spend $50-$100 for paint thickness meter.
Check the car if all VIN numbers are present and show the same number as carfax states. If you see any different number or no number then that particular part was replaced or somehow the number was removed. At least, hood, trunk and four doors have VIN numbers on Honda.

Check tires for uneven wear. If tires are new then you need to drive it and check for the consistent pull to my side.
Check for any suspicious sounds when driving.

Having said all of this, I would try to find one with lower mileage. You should be able to get something with 100,000 km for this year. And I would consider EX-L vs Touring to expand your selection and lower price point.
I don’t think you get much upside with Touring given increase in price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply and info i did take a full look and car need new breaks rotors engine as you can see in the images is bit dirty like its been driven off road but then it has those fancy tires so i don't think it was. I think it need good cleaning under the car it look good clean with normal surface rust. I cant buy a car in USA it cost arm and leg to bring it here. I have attached some images of the car if you guys can take a look. I looked at the oil it needs changing alos transmision check it oil look clear

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
50 Posts
On the tranny fluid stick, is that black or brown towards the bottom? Undercarriage looks like crap, wheels are after market, oil on the oil stick if half-way down- looks like a maintenance pit that someone ignored. Huge pass.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
considering at a 105 k miles this pilot looks like crap ... I have the same pilot here close to the same mileage and my chassis does not look even close to the rust you have here .. it's a money pit pass and move one..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts