Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband's birthday is coming and I was wondering where can get honda pilot starter for him as birthday gift. Starter replacement cost: $50-150
He has a 03 Honda Pilot and he told me when he turn the key the starter only clicks and not engage suddenly yesterday...
I am not understanding much about starter replacement.I saw this brand online,does anyone have any experience with the hex auto parts starter ? What do y'all think ?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
That's very thoughtful. I'm sure he'll appreciate it more than a tie or socks. :) Guys like practical gifts. I can't think of too many other things he'd want for his birthday. Well, perhaps a few. :)

I don't have any experience with that brand. It's certainly inexpensive. They're located in Texas, but I couldn't find where their parts are made.

If you're looking for alternatives from a trusted source, try here:

2003 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Starter Motor | RockAuto

As a point of reference, I believe the original is a Denso.

You can also get a Piloteers 5% discount:

5% Discount Code: 508F794D9D4F1F
Expires: August 12, 2020

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

But before buying any new starter, he should be sure to check if his battery or alternator are still good.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,331 Posts
Git Card. That way when he figures out what is wrong he can get the right part(s).
Also a pack of these.

Everyone needs shop rags.

·
Registered
730 Posts
He has a 03 Honda Pilot and he told me when he turn the key the starter only clicks and not engage suddenly yesterday...
Thoughtful gift and now you have a good online retailer for auto parts but there are several other factors to consider before deciding to replace the starter. For example start with the condition and age of the battery. Some auto parts stores like Autozone or Advance offer free tests for the battery, charging system etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts