Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going with a completes Stainless Steel Exhaust from J-pipe on back to the tips and everything in between as I would just break one of the components trying tp separate them.

Can anyone tell me what size the stud and nuts that are needed to connect the cat and the flex pipe?

The ebay kit I specked out: Stainless Steel Catalytic Converter Exhaust System Kit fit 01-02 MDX 03-04 Pilot | eBay does NOT seem to include them and I'd like to use some "generic" stainless ones if I can nail down the size

Regards, Chet

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,802 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. For the guys that have replace the whole system or at least the J-Pipe what are some good tips on making sure that the studs don't break off the headers when taking off the nuts? I've don't exhaust systems before but it looks really tight in there and that has me a bit spooked. Not much room to get a heat torch or much of anything in that space.

Regards, Chet

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
For the guys that have replace the whole system or at least the J-Pipe what are some good tips on making sure that the studs don't break off the headers when taking off the nuts? I've don't exhaust systems before but it looks really tight in there and that has me a bit spooked. Not much room to get a heat torch or much of anything in that space
With as much rust as I had under the Pilot I didn’t have high hopes for an ez repair. Squirted some penetrant up there at the six nuts, waited a bit and said a few prayers 🙏 . Amazingly each nut cooperated and I replaced with new nuts for continued luck. Pic was the only obstacle….ymmv

Attachments

·
Registered
9,802 Posts

·
Registered
9,802 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
When the exhaust shop forgot to put one of my Y-pipe nuts on, I made my own out of brass hex bar.
It is M10x1.25 thread.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Good for you, but I would have headed right back there and gotten them to bloody well finish the job right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts