Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just purchased my beatiful 2004 EX-L RES Midnight Blue Pearl Pilot about a week and a half ago. I had a hard time swallowing spending VERY close to MSRP, but nonethless, I love the vehicle. The only thing I don't like is that fact that I was stupid and ordered a full mask while I was signing the papers for an additional $250. The dealership said they would call me when the full mask arrived. Well, after doing some research (most in part thanks to this great website) I'm finding full masks for about $120-$130. Well, as of last Monday (9 days after purchase) they never called to tell me if my full mask was in stock, so I called them and told them I wanted them to cancel my order and refund that $250 to my credit card. The salesman said he would get back to me as he had to run this past his supervisor. Well, he called me back a few hours later (but I wasn't home) and left me a message saying that they couldn't credit my card because it was "part of the deal" and the paperwork was already done, but that the $250 price reflected the installation fee as well. What they would do is charge me $169 for the mask and let me install it and take the leftover credit ($81) and put it towards some running boards I've been thinking about. Too bad they want over $700 for running boards. No way I'm paying that much. Can you say wayyyy over priced?? So, I call them back to tell them that I feel as if I got the short end of the stick in this deal. I call the salesman back and leave a voiice mail conveying my annoyance at the deal and ask him to get back to me. That was on Monday afternoon. It is now late Wednesday evening and I have yet to hear back from him.
As I look back over my reciepts they actually put the price of the full mask into the total purchase price (which I have to finance of course) and I put a down payment down + $250 at closing (assuming that was paying for the mask independently). So, they are saying they can't credit my credit card because that was the "deal". So, to say the least, I'm not thrilled over hearing that.
When I was signing the papers the salesman and manager I was working with kept preaching to me that they are going to have a survey team call me a few weeks after purchase to make sure that I was "completely satisfied" with my purchase and the dealership. They kept telling me that the surveyers will ask me a variety of questions that I need to rank between 1 and 5. Apparently, according to the staff at the dealership, they have to have ALL 5's or else they get the smackdown. Well, don't look now, but I am far from completely satisfied. I just have a bitter taste in my mouth over this dealership because:
1. Paid close to MSRP (Supply and demand, can't negotiate that)
2. Charged and arm and a leg for the full mask
3. Dealership actually put the price of the mask into the purchase price instead of letting me pay for it seperately (maybe I should of check the fine print better).
4. Haven't heard back from them yet (but I'm expecting Honda to be calling me shortly for my evaluation of their dealership).
5. Can you say runaround?

What should I do? Suggestions? Advice?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
DrDon said:
I Just purchased my beatiful 2004 EX-L RES Midnight Blue Pearl Pilot about a week and a half ago. I had a hard time swallowing spending VERY close to MSRP, but nonethless, I love the vehicle. The only thing I don't like is that fact that I was stupid and ordered a full mask while I was signing the papers for an additional $250. The dealership said they would call me when the full mask arrived. Well, after doing some research (most in part thanks to this great website) I'm finding full masks for about $120-$130.

That is a shame DrDon. BUT look at the bright side. In a few years you will not remember this. Yes it is a bad taste in one's mouth, however that is something we all do and learn.
The dealer will install and therefore be responsible if anything goes wrong with it.

If there is another dealer where you live, tell them you will take it there to be serviced, warranty work etc. , and that you will not use them. Don't buy anything else from them, that is the best way to express your disappointment.

Don't wait for them to call. You have to call, and speak with the manager. Perhaps have them throw in the all-season mats (not sure what they are called), at their cost.

Be ruthless with the survey, if it comes around.

Some of us don't have time to shop around and wait for the best deal, and that is the price you pay.

Remember to Enjoy your Pilot.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
DrDon said:

What should I do? Suggestions? Advice?
Explain very nicely (to the General Manager) that this liitle issue is greatly affecting your satisfaction with the dealership.

That dissatisfaction will greatly affect not nly your responce on the survey, but also your likleyhood to use the dealership for service over the life of the vehicle, your likelyhood to recommend the dealership to friends, family, and even strangers (since the beautiful Pilot attracts so much attention), and your likelyhood to buy your next car from them.

I am confident he will see the VALUE in a happy customer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts