Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

In your vehicle, what Navigation system do you use ?

If you use the Honda Navi, do you pay the ~$150-$180 every-time Honda comes up with Map updates ?
is it worth it ?

free maps, free service, paid maps, paid service, GPS , Navigation system, location, destination.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,198 Posts
No. The newest system, which came with my 2020 Honda Passport Touring, is a Garmin system, updated by wifi and comes with free updates for 5 years. With the old system in my 2013 Pilot Touring I would get the map every other year and would get it for less than a c-note.

I also use Waze or Google Maps depending one where I am going. The Garmin so far has been quite accurate.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Waze (which I modded to an Elvis voice), Google Maps (with the Plain Jane default voice), and Sygic (with the voice of a Parisian librarian who lets her hair down after work). :)

Sometimes I have two or even three of them on simultaneously and listen to them argue about the best route to take. :p

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last 2 trips I took in my Pilot, I used my phone and Google Maps and it was accurate....
I thought about using the Pilot factory Navigation, when I went to Honda site to UPDATE I saw the $$FEE$$ for update,
this is why I'm considering just getting rid of the factory Navi and putting in an Updated Radio with USB and AUX connection and GPS where I can use Google Maps or other FREE Navi services.

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
Waze (which I modded to an Elvis voice), Google Maps (with the Plain Jane default voice), and Sygic (with the voice of a Parisian librarian who lets her hair down after work). :)

Sometimes I have two or even three of them on simultaneously and listen to them argue about the best route to take. :p
This one? ??????

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
My last 2 trips I took in my Pilot, I used my phone and Google Maps and it was accurate....
I thought about using the Pilot factory Navigation, when I went to Honda site to UPDATE I saw the $$FEE$$ for update,
this is why I'm considering just getting rid of the factory Navi and putting in an Updated Radio with USB and AUX connection and GPS where I can use Google Maps or other FREE Navi services.
I feel your pain, but you get what you pay for. There have been many instances where google, Apple and other free maps have been wrong. My use of Waze is less for directions and more for traffic issues.

Just don’t use this one.

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
Ah yes. The days when driving was a fun adventure, when the trip was far more important than the destination.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Hoo boy, didn't they teach you to tell the bulls from the cows, my gender ambivalent Kansas farmhand friend? :oops:

I said, "with the voice of a Parisian librarian who lets her hair down after work," (feminine possessive adjective), my ESL friend. I would imagine her more something like this...

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
Sometimes it's the driver who is wrong:

Oh it's definitely a combination of one, the other or BOTH. I still can't believe the woman who when google maps in pedestrian mode told her to cross an interstate. Even more unbelievable is that she actually tried to cross and interstate, got clipped by a car and then sued google. Sometime one needs to turn off their phone and turn on their brain.

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts
Hoo boy, didn't they teach you to tell the bulls from the cows, my gender ambivalent Kansas farmhand friend? :oops:

I said, "with the voice of a Parisian librarian who lets her hair down after work," (feminine possessive adjective), my ESL friend. I would imagine her more something like this...

Obviously that can't be the individual. The hair is still up.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Obviously that can't be the individual. The hair is still up.
She's still at work. Just waiting for her shift to end. :)

Pro tip: Do not Google "sexy librarian" with the safe search filters off when there is anyone else in the room. ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello all...

In your vehicle, what Navigation system do you use ?

If you use the Honda Navi, do you pay the ~$150-$180 every-time Honda comes up with Map updates ?
is it worth it ?

free maps, free service, paid maps, paid service, GPS , Navigation system, location, destination.
I use a Garmin Drive Assist 51 GPS unit. It has a camera in it, so it is also a dash cam. It is a very well featured GPS for the money and works well. It comes with free lifetime maps; 4 updates a year allowed. I like it because I can use it in a rental car, which I did on our last trip back in IL (I live in Arizona.).
20181229_091950 (Medium).jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts